LegacyGT.com

Show Me Your Engine Bay Pics

bdubs16

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WTF am I looking at here? is that an air to water cooler? cause if so I need to know more. and for the love of god hold the camera still! if you cant do that get a tripod! set it on your girlfriends head if necessary. this deserves a non-blurry picture damn it!! I WANT MOAR!

Yes that is indeed an air to water intercooler. Honestly the only camera I own is on my cell phone. That picture is about as good as this particular cell phone gets. I do agree that I need to take some time to get proper photos though.

As for knowing more about the AWIC. The system was custom built by Engine Logics here in Houston. It is two air to water cores mated together, and flowing in opposite directions. The system has a heat exchanger mounted in front of the factory rad, and the factory bumper beam was retained.

I do not have any temp sensors after the intercooler so I don't have any efficiency data to share. Not to mention I never ran a front mount so the only thing to compare it to would have been the stock top mount or other peoples setups.

• 2 weeks later...
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/you-need-see-car-180428.html <----here is the original thread. I just thought I would rain on everyone's parade in the engine bay pic thread. After all that has to be the most demotivational engine bay you have ever seen.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/GTsHawaii/tumblr_ldp3yyI6tu1qb9a2wo1_500.png

As for the hood struts, I have no Idea. It isn't my car. It's driven to my place of work by a kid that is a "mechanic" for a local shop (which will go unmentioned for obvious reasons). I'll ask him when I see him next week. The TGV's are what really blew my mind. Then I started looking around the engine bay and just couldn't believe it, so I took a picture. I'm now sharing that picture with you :)

you really should see this car in person, it's breathtaking. But oddly, it works....

no timing cover,

crappy spray paint everywhere

battery on its side held by rotten bungee cord

hood struts on manifold,

oil cooler from god knows what zip tied to strut bar

ac line hanging out in the middle of nowhere

The list goes on... the block is a 2.5 with, if I'm not mistaken, 2.0 heads on it.

See pics of the front end which is also interesting in the link at the top of this post.

I just looked through this thread and can say....I've been lmfao for at least 10mins about that engine bay & the comments, "your engine bay looks like its been raped by a squirel"comment was the best...lmao again.

I asked him about the hood struts on that BTW. It turns out he uses them to lessen vibration as the motor mounts are shot...

He has a turbo installed back in it as of last week.... Of what variety I do not know. He still hasn't brought the ram in so I don't have any pictures of that one yet.

I asked him about the hood struts on that BTW. It turns out he uses them to lessen vibration as the motor mounts are shot...

He has a turbo installed back in it as of last week.... Of what variety I do not know. He still hasn't brought the ram in so I don't have any pictures of that one yet.

Hmmm...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I've been getting a lot of questions lately. I suppose its time for a sneak preview.

http://i43.tinypic.com/o59ums.jpg

Wow looks awesome I wish I didn't live in new York so my engine would stay cleanish, the perrin looks huuuuge

StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Archived