LegacyGT.com

Typhoon intake swoosh

GTTuner

I'll post some step by step pic's tonight on how to quiet it down. Did this mod a while back, removed it last weekend and had to reinstall last night because the noise was rediculous.

I had forgotten how well it worked.

Since i am running a FMIC it may amplify the sound..but I am getting a pretty loud turbo spool up sounds, and super loud BOV sounds. the BOV is aftermarket (greddy RS), but it is recurculated, with this intake it sounds as loud as VTA BOVs. Honestly though, my opinion is not worth much since I never ran it with the stock TMIC and BOV.

What bothers me most is the tubo spool up..it is pretty loud even at partial throttle.

Ya im also running a front mount intercooler and its really loud. Especially like you said at partial throttle. Iv looked at every possible way to run the stock box and it just isnt possible.

-Pierce

P.S. Im running the WBR front mount for anyone who is interested.

Lol you guys should hear the fujita cai i mean don't get me wrong it does its job well, but it sounds like its sucking up squirrels off the road.

I definitely want a way to lower the noise, i was thinking of constructing a box similar to the avo or cobb box.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Well I got a APS inlet and I pushed my typhoon father into the fender.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/131450.jpg

With my 20g it sounds like a jet taking of or a blower. I love it.:lol:

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

You can use your stock inlet with your FMIC. I have seen a picture you have to rotate the box and not use the bottom half of the airbox.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

The sound of a CAI is not for everyone. I put my AVO intake on the car about a week or 2 before completing my turbo swap. Absolutely HATED the sound. The wastegate flutter absolutely killed me.

Fortunately swapped to a BB turbo and the sound is like music to my ears. The 15 lb actuator probably helps as well .... :wub:

I'll post some step by step pic's tonight on how to quiet it down. Did this mod a while back, removed it last weekend and had to reinstall last night because the noise was rediculous.

I had forgotten how well it worked.

The suspense is killing me..

I would certainly expect so.

Next car I'll probably go with an EWG.

It works pretty well. I have a 2.4 7cm 20g and a Synapase Synchronic EWG and it hits @20 psi around 3300 -3400 rpms and hold @ 20 psi all the way to 7000 rpms and it only varies about .25 psi all the way.

Archived