LegacyGT.com

rattling windshield?

naimouasta

i was driving to school today, then suddenly top of my dash and or windshield started rattling loudly over bumps. sounds like body/windshield creaks and rattles. similar to ice in plastic container so i thought maybe my windshield fluid was frozen but it wasn't. it was like 8 degrees F so it was cold but no ice externally anyway. sound did go away after driving over all the bumps on the road for 5 mins. is this a sign of windshield issues/cracking? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same thing this winter.

pushed and pulled pounded trying to figure out where the rattle was coming from.

turns out it was coming from the plastic tray that seals against the windshield on the outside of the car.

(same tray that has the wipers sticking through)

a squirt of wd40 and it was gone

I had that exact same problem drivers left corner dash. If I wedged something between the glass and dash their the problem was almost completely gone. I had it fixed under warranty within 3/36. Not a single peep from the dash for the past year and a half.

--Lee

^^ when you took it in the the jerks/ oops i mean dealers, how did you present this issue? (sorry to be so foul, just had a pissy encounter with my local dealer on getting my 30K service done and trying to keep my anal cavity intact!!!!!)

Archived