LegacyGT.com

Whiteline makes a front anti sway for the 2.5i?

I saw on subaruwrxparts a listing for Legacy "non turbo" front sway bar. I thought only Rallitek makes a front sway bar for the 2.5i?

I couldn't find a front swaybar for non-turbos in the Whiteline catalog.

Does anyone have the Whiteline set?

yes, whiteline makes non-turbo swaybars. The catalog doesn't seem to differentiate between turbo and non-turbo for the bl/bp so I guess they're the same. The newer cars have a different exhaust manifold which is probably not in the way anymore.

My replies were in reference to the BL/BP chassis. I've got an '05, first year of the BL sedans. There are specific swaybars made to fit the NA BL/BP cars. The NA swaybars will fit the turbo cars, but not the other way around. Unless they've changed the manifold on the '09+ cars, the issue still exists. As far as I know, the reason it doesn't matter with the turbo cars is because the header leads directly to the up-pipe, so the bar can go straight through the engine bay without having to work its way around anything. The NA header leads straight back to the cats and exhaust, so the bar must make clearances.

My replies were in reference to the BL/BP chassis. I've got an '05, first year of the BL sedans. There are specific swaybars made to fit the NA BL/BP cars. The NA swaybars will fit the turbo cars, but not the other way around. Unless they've changed the manifold on the '09+ cars, the issue still exists. As far as I know, the reason it doesn't matter with the turbo cars is because the header leads directly to the up-pipe, so the bar can go straight through the engine bay without having to work its way around anything. The NA header leads straight back to the cats and exhaust, so the bar must make clearances.

My local guy says his catalog indicates that the BSF30Z-Front adjustable 22mm and BSF39Z-Rear adjustable 20mm will fit both cars and he's not aware of any issues. I just wanted to check this forum to be sure before taking the plunge :)

My local guy says his catalog indicates that the BSF30Z-Front adjustable 22mm and BSF39Z-Rear adjustable 20mm will fit both cars and he's not aware of any issues. I just wanted to check this forum to be sure before taking the plunge :)

The BSF39Z will bolt up just fine, as the rear sways are common between both the 2.5i and the LGT. For your purpose, you want the BSF35Z FSB. The 30Z is just for the LGT and doesn't have the bends in the bar. The BSF35Z is made for non-turbo cars. I have the BSF35 on my car, the non-adjustable version (the Z means it's adjustable).

FWIW, IIRC, etc, the non-turbo USDM header changed in '06. '05 isn't as much of a problem.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I THINK what it means your '05 header does not wrap forward around the oil filter, and thus I THINK the turbo FSB will fit.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 5 months later...

Anyone else have the BSF35Z bar? I'm tight on funds now but would like to add it to my wish list.

It can be set to 24mm (adjustable) which means I may need to upgrade my rear JDM 20mm bar too.

not sure on these bars but the Perrin 25mm front and rear bars looks sexy and arent that expensive even with the end links

Has anyone fitted the 25mm Perrin LGT FSB on their 2.5i?

I was planning to get the rear Perrin 25mm but don't have much confidence that the GT front will clear my exhaust/header...

Yah, I've considered the tribeca sway but means I have to get another set of endlinks as well and I already have aftermarket solid (MSI) endlinks that I like...

The other factor is that I read somewhere that the actual effective size of the Tribeca is less than 25mm due to the geometry - it's back to the 23mm range at best.

(one thread that discusses it here: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f9/66866-25mm-tribeca-front-sway-bar-fits-wagons-sedans-turbo-na-6.html)

I'll check under my car again for the clearances - I'm running Borla replica header so no heat shields on it so can try and gauge the gap.

However, I think I will try the Tribeca sway - Fred Beans can do it for less than $60 currently so the price is right.

Now, I just need to decide what rear bar to mate it with... currently running JDM GT 20mm but I can go bigger now I think.

• 2 weeks later...
Yea I suppose, and the fact that it's hollow as opposed to solid. Either way, it's probably the thickest sway you can put on a 2.5i

Now that I have my hands on the B9 Tribeca bar, I can confirm that it's definitely a solid bar :)

Looks phat for sure. Just because of the shape/geometry, it's not equivalent to a true 25mm bar in the OE shape - eg the bar is wider etc.

A Perrin 25mm FSB for the GT would definitely be stiffer but may not fit depending on your header configuration etc.

The Whiteline or Rallitek 22mm bars are confirmed to work. Whiteline has the adjustable 22mm as well which is nice.

I'm hoping the B9 Tribeca bar will be at least equivalent to the Whiteline adjustable on firm. As well, the primary reason I decided on the B9 bar over the Whiteline is that it will correct a fitment issue for my particular setup with MSI endlinks (much lower cost being the other).

Archived