LegacyGT.com

Rally Armor Mud Flap Review

danbart

Could someone perhaps suggest how red muflaps look on a briliiant silver legacy? Curious if they would look out of place, especially with black wheels.
It will look tacky, imho. I would suggest black with the red logo. Unless you are going for the ,"HEY LOOK AT MY SWEET FLAPS" look. To each his own.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats what I'm slightly worried about, potentially detracting from the appearence of car because of pronounced mudflaps. On the contrary, I do like the vivid red, just can't determine what to do. Saw the illustration on the rallyarmor site, can't really do the muflaps justice with that obscure view, thanks for the suggestion though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Does anyone have anything to say about the classic rally armor mud flaps, I'm between the two.

I believe that they're not flexible like the UR ones.

Up here you want the UR ones. I have a set here waiting to be installed if you want to take a peek at them before you order a set for yourself. ;)

Yeah, let me know when I could stop by and check it out. Maybe when i pass you on ramsey lake road every morning. haha

I've seen classics vs. UR's. That was the reason why I got UR's. The classics can curl over time and aren't anywhere flexible like UR's.

If you're OCD like me, you won't want the classics. I had UR's on my Impreza for two years and they never curled and still looked awesome. Extremely functional, but IMO it doesn't look right on the 2010+ Legacys.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/jmark42/DSC00030.jpg

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

• 1 month later...

Love my UR's...

Ran down the unplowed Palisades Parkway around mid-day from Bear Mountain to New City, and then returned a short time ago to Dutchess County on somewhat cleaner roads. The sides of my wagon are so clean, you wouldn't think it'd just snowed 4 or 5 inches. Very satisfied.

I have a set on my 05, love em. My wife curbed my left front control arm in a snow storm a couple weeks ago pushing the tire in which ended ripping the mud flap off. I thought it was completely ripped apart where the holes are but i think because of the hardware setup it allowed the flap to pull away. Rally armor where very prompt via email and hooked me up with some new hardware.

• 9 months later...
thinking of getting the black pink ones they have this month but was wondering is there any drilling involved for installation for the rear ones?

No drilling was needed for install. The flaps go on easily if you take the wheel off before you do it. For the fronts I just turned the wheel.

I have wanted these for a while now, but I was concerned about ripping them off going over tall speed bumps.

How fast are you going over those speed bumps? And how tall? For me, they just scrape and drag over them. They're not that heavy and are pretty secure.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Any one have pictures on a 2011 SWP 3.6r? Thinking about getting a pair before the winter and wondering what they look like.

Someone here has them. They don't look any different on a 3.6R vs. a 2.5i. Although extremely functional, they don't flow well IMO on 5th gens.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Archived