LegacyGT.com

Sensative Remote on your early '05 Legacy?

Opie

FWIW, I did the "foam tape" mod (except I didn't have foam tape, so I did a few layers of reinforced packing tape).

It works great!! I now have no need to go through the hassle of dealing with the dealer. My dealer (the closest) is an inconvenient 20 miles away, and I will only go there if it is an unavoidable warranty issue (none so far).

Ron

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok,

Today I went to Exeter Subaru (NH) and my conversation went like this,

Me- Hi, I got a phone call from SOA and they told me that they were aware of the sensitive remotes and they told me to go to my subaru dealer and have them replaced under warranty.

Exeter- *lots of dumb looks* Who called you?

Me- Subaru of America.

Exeter- and they said what.

Me-She... SOA is a she and she told me that there has been a part number update and the current part is defective. It is too sensitive, it unlocks and locks just being in my pocket. So if you could just point me to the right person to start a warranty claim, we can get this show underway.

Exeter- We may not have the part in stock and we still have to look at it and fill out the proper paper work, and it takes both keys and both remotes, do you have them?

Me- No, I was just driving in the area and decided if I could come in and get new remotes because I never know if my car is locked or not. I didnt plan on it. You really need both keys and remotes?

Exeter- Yeah, you need both. Its gonna take 45 minutes to check it out then we will have to see if we have the parts.

45 minutes later....

Exeter- its ready we went and ordered your parts, we'll call you when we get them.

The part is the same as the 06 legacy. i looked around at the new cars and thats what the Spec B had. The part number is the one opie listed. If you need a phone number and the extension of SOA, PM me, Ill get it for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A Bump......

Not sure who said the newer remotes were less sensitive, but I have an '06 Forester as a loaner while my car is in for a new rear wheel bearing, and this remote is as sensitive as my remotes before I did the "foam" trick.

Ron

Yeah, I've got an '06 Forester loaner right now, too! I don't think it's *quite* as sensitive as the LGT remote, but it's still more sensitive than I'd like. However - this '06 Forester fob is NOT the same as the newer Legacy design (picture + part number posted earlier) so that doesn't necessarily tell us much, except that Subaru engineers didn't really execute their 'Lessons Learned' disciplines properly for the '06 Forester. At present, I'm trying to talk my dealer into giving me the new remote. Anyone with the new LGT key fob still think it's too sensitive??

Edit: WooHoo - Dealer is getting me the new remotes; pretty much no questions asked! Although they did owe me some goodwill after keeping my LGT for 9 days for warranty repairs...

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

• 2 weeks later...
Finally! 1 year and 52 days after we were told it was coming!

Courtesy of www.TheL7.com ....

http://www.thel7.com/TSB/15-117-06.pdf

Go get yer sensative remotes fixed! :D

Someone, please let us know how effective this fix is. My home made tape fix, as shown on page four of this thread, works so well I don't want to actually take a step backwards by getting my sensitive remote "fixed" I bet I have not had more than one accidental transmission from my remotes since I did the the fix.

Someone, please let us know how effective this fix is. My home made tape fix, as shown on page four of this thread, works so well I don't want to actually take a step backwards by getting my sensitive remote "fixed" I bet I have not had more than one accidental transmission from my remotes since I did the the fix.

+1

Ron

"Sorry mister, but to get your remote fixed you're going to need to come in with your stock wheels/tires". JK -- though not hard to imagine.

Like you guys I'm pretty happy with the DIY mod.

"Sorry mister, but to get your remote fixed you're going to need to come in with your stock wheels/tires". JK -- though not hard to imagine.

Like you guys I'm pretty happy with the DIY mod.

Non-issue.

The dealer sells aftermarket wheels.

Ron

Archived