LegacyGT.com

Sensative Remote on your early '05 Legacy?

Opie

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i've read that the human body can be turned into a large antenna - try to press the remote against your neck and push the buttons from far away...

Der5er do you sell subaru's? :)

Human antenna - certainly; having big ears helps, too. :D

No, I don't sell Subarus but I am curious as to why do you ask? (color me confused)

Dragos

Well, since Subaru is listening to mass complaints....maybe they should address the fairly common complaint of water dumping into the front seat because of poor door/roof drainage. As someone who is considering the Legacy but has heard scores of reports of this particular complaint, it's a potential deal killer. I've never owned a car that dumps water on the interior and I have no reason for starting now. Common sense features and conveniences first please, or perhaps just use the doctors' credo - 'First, do no harm'.

Well, since Subaru is listening to mass complaints....maybe they should address the fairly common complaint of water dumping into the front seat because of poor door/roof drainage. As someone who is considering the Legacy but has heard scores of reports of this particular complaint, it's a potential deal killer. I've never owned a car that dumps water on the interior and I have no reason for starting now.

i think they should have included the rain guards at standard option.

This Space For Rent

Well, since Subaru is listening to mass complaints....maybe they should address the fairly common complaint of water dumping into the front seat because of poor door/roof drainage. As someone who is considering the Legacy but has heard scores of reports of this particular complaint, it's a potential deal killer. I've never owned a car that dumps water on the interior and I have no reason for starting now. Common sense features and conveniences first please, or perhaps just use the doctors' credo - 'First, do no harm'.

This is a pretty easy one to fix. If there is standing water on your roof, don't open the window until you have been driving for a minute or two. Problem solved.

-Nick

On the subject of the keyless entry... has anybody noticed that their's will not work in certain areas? Everytime I park at my gym at school, the remote doesn't work until I've pressed it like 4 or 5 times. This is the only place I've noticed it doesn't work, so I just assume their must be radio waves or something that block the signal, but its kind of weird.

Fairly common? I've read of a few complaints on the board here but never had the problem myself, in my car or on the many other '05 Legacy's I have driven...never had a customer complain about it to us at the dealer either.

The open the door and get your seat wet after it's been sitting in a hard rain thing used to be a hallmark of my A4 - have yet to have noticed it in the LGT though...

Any timeline on that TSB Opie? I've got a glovebox latch that just came in and I'd like to be able to kill two birds with one stone.

Any timeline on that TSB Opie? I've got a glovebox latch that just came in and I'd like to be able to kill two birds with one stone.

Not sure, we just got wind of it from an e-mail last Thursday that said the fix was coming. I assume it will be fairly soon, probably as soon as the parts are availible in the Subaru parts warehouses.

very real proublem for me ... very common to come out of the office to find the car unlocked ..from the remote floating around in my pocket

or to go out to the garage and find the car locked .. works both ways

• 4 weeks later...
Guest *Jedimaster*
Any update on this? Has a TSB been issued for this yet?

+1

I'd like to go and pick up this and the gas tank thingy at the same time.

Thanks.

When I was at my dealer, I complained about the remote going off in my pocket.

They said: So what?

I said: I have heard similar complaints and I'm told Subaru is looking at it and considering stronger springs.

They said: We haven't heard anything about that.

I said: That's nice. But if you don't put write this up as a customer complaint that the remote goes off in my pocket, Subaru will never think there's a reason to do something about it. I'm not asking for you to do anything about it. Just put it on the work order please.

They did, and then noted they found nothing wrong with the remote.

Let's hope for stronger springs cause we'll never see smaller buttons.

• 1 month later...

Archived