LegacyGT.com

who gets water in trunk?

I just read the new owner who said not that he got water in his driver side (when picking up new car at dealer during storm), but that his trunk poured water inside when opened.

This could be part two of a future deal killer for me, if true, as I store important stuff in my trunk on occasion. So, how many of you have had instances of water not draining properly on the trunk and pouring into the trunk instead. Thanks in advance.

nah... for me we drove it inside and after like 5 min we opened the trunk... so there were all the beads of water... then it seemed like a few inches from each end of the trunk.. it would drrip ... it at first dripped liek 3 drops then it went slower so i just took my hand and washed the water away.. it wasnt a big deal i guess but i just found it weird how that had happened...

hadn't noticed it yet -- I have noticed that i wish the trunk was either larger - or the seats folded down --- but thats an entirely different topic all together :)

I think if you open it quickly, you shouldnt have a problem with water.. did you check the rubber seal that goes around where the lid meets up with the trunk -- no cracks or leak spots? I'd imagine that the trunk should have been designed to run water off without any problems.

From what I remember this is the second or third instance of water getting in the cabin, one way or another right? I hope for 2006 my these minor issues are addressed...how the hell do they expect to go up market with little nuisance things like this and the rattling, undue windnoise and throttle stuttering...

Peace,

Dave

There are ways to avoid getting water in the trunk, but it would require a styling change for the way the trunk even exists. I am a detailer and opening trunks is a daily occurance for me. I have yet to see a sedan that didn't allow water in the trunk when the deck is open. It either drips a little off the back or it drips a little off the front. Its not a big deal really. The Legacy does it less than some other cars I can think of. Its probably not something that is going to be worked on because of the styling changes that would need to be made.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Umm, when it rains it's wet outside. If you open the trunk a few drops of water will fall into the trunk. If you open your door a few drops of water will fall on you. I don't think any car will prevent this (although old cars with large raingutters probably did better- but you still get wet when you step out into the rain!). If you don't like it move somewhere it doesn't rain. ;-)

tom

tom :)

If you open the trunk a few drops of water will fall into the trunk. If you open your door a few drops of water will fall on you.

tom

Yeah, the trunk isn't so much an issue as the doors are. I hate getting my leather seats all wet.

The other night, I opened the door and a huge flood of water poured right onto the seat :(

- Mike

Yeah, the trunk isn't so much an issue as the doors are. I hate getting my leather seats all wet.

The other night, I opened the door and a huge flood of water poured right onto the seat :(

- Mike

It sucks getting them wet because you kind of smear it around rather than it just soaking in. However, water doesn't hurt the leather, so don't worry about it that much.

This has not happened to me yet. Doors or trunk.

Happens to me every time I wash the car, dry it and then open the boot. Not worrying too much about it as there are more serious design problems with the car. Overall though it's good value for money - no doubt about that.

- Mike

I put the rain visors on and the problem is gone. Expensive fix, but I couldn't stand to keep sitting on a wet leather seat.

I put the rain visors on and the problem is gone. Expensive fix, but I couldn't stand to keep sitting on a wet leather seat.

Where did you get the rain visors? Can you post a upclose pic? Thought about doing that myself.

ONly time I get noticeable water in the car is when my windows are cracked and it's raining. If there was a car out there that was designed not to let some water in after a rain, I'd be amazed.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Where did you get the rain visors? Can you post a upclose pic? Thought about doing that myself.

ONly time I get noticeable water in the car is when my windows are cracked and it's raining. If there was a car out there that was designed not to let some water in after a rain, I'd be amazed.

I have yet to see a good pic. I would love to get these but i want to see them first :cool:

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_58_3_118&products_id=201

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_58_3_118&products_id=128

Can' t see those visors, BUT.................................

Does anyone know if this rear lip spoiler would fit on a '03 jetta sedan? I've been looking for something like that for my wifes car.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I ordered through AVO, thus the entry on their website. Pics are posted from a few members who have them - Edvig has pics up. I have only one pic posted with mine on, and it's not a close-up. Honestly? You don't even notice them - they are small and black and look like the trim over the windows - but they get the job done

Archived