LegacyGT.com

Where to buy Prodrive mufflers?

Mindspin311

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may have a set of Prodrive mufflers for sale (very soon) with less than 200 miles on them (too much drone in my wagon, although sedans don't seem to have issues with this per reviews here). Let me know if you are interested and want to save a few bucks.

Update: Mufflers are sold.

Yeah - grab those quick before I buy them. They may be THE last new set left in the U.S. I already have a set and move them.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Bought them last year from Cosworth and quite disappointed with the quality. Mine arrived with some rust around the rather poorly welded joints. The Japanese mufflers like Blitz, HKS, Fujitsobo, etc. IMHO are much better in their build.

It's okay. Plus, it's really not as quiet as some people say here.

I suppose it's how your exhaust system is setup.

Here's mine:

a. Perrin 1 piece catted downpipe, mid and y to ProDrives = has some droning @ 60mph and above. Yes it does drone in MY car, a sedan.

b. Same setup as above but with stock cans = absolutely ZERO drone at any speed. Sooo much more enjoyable and you can listen to your radio and music without cranking it higher to drown the drone.

After posting another thread about hi performance cans, the ONLY reason you buy these cans is to want a louder (aka performance sounding) exhaust tone.

In that thread, the experts here strongly assured me there are no performance gains with any high performance mufflers.

Just sharing my personal experience.

I bought mine from TDC last year and have been very happy with them. However, I just went to a similar setup to simontemplar's and have the same result in my wagon. It's reasonable but not optimal.

On a larger turbo setup, there has to be some gain when you consider that the Prodrive inlet is 2.5" and the stock inlet is 1.75" or a 30% reduction in flow capability, plus the high-flow chamber itself. Presume that this is coming from a 3" DP/Mid to a 2.5" Y-pipe front-end.

I bought mine from TDC last year and have been very happy with them. However, I just went to a similar setup to simontemplar's and have the same result in my wagon. It's reasonable but not optimal.

please share some of your thoughts on sound. we have one back and fourth in a few threads and i was literally minutes away from ordering the Perrin mid & Y to mate with my Prodrives.

maybe ill buck up for the AVO mid & Y... but that would be an expensive experiment <sigh> what to do....

^ there are multiple youtube vids, however the sound will be unique to each setup depending on the components of your DP, mid, and Y so it's difficult to say. also each person perceives sound differently and has their own preference for what sounds "good" or not

I'm planning to do some back-to-backs audio bits with Prodrive and Stock cans connected to the following:

Grimmspeed P&P Manifold with newest (updated/larger) COP/UP into a VF40 with COBB HFC DP, Perrin Resonated 3" Mid/Y-Pipe. I went with the Perrin because the AVO doesn't have a resonated Mid. This setup flows a lot more than a stock manifold/UP setup and you feel it off-idle and up through the range - lots of mid/top pull too.

Love the sound, but it does take some initial getting used to it.

I'm planning to do some back-to-backs audio bits with Prodrive and Stock cans connected to the following:

Grimmspeed P&P Manifold with newest (updated/larger) COP/UP into a VF40 with COBB HFC DP, Perrin Resonated 3" Mid/Y-Pipe. I went with the Perrin because the AVO doesn't have a resonated Mid. This setup flows a lot more than a stock manifold/UP setup and you feel it off-idle and up through the range - lots of mid/top pull too.

Love the sound, but it does take some initial getting used to it.

i initially wanted the avo setup, but even tho the cost was waaay more i knew their quality and r&d would justify it. but i talked myself into the perrin. rallitek carries it. you love the sound, but does it drone?

http://www.rallitek.com/avocepiw.html

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-49187380673845_2032_9056335

i initially wanted the avo setup, but even tho the cost was waaay more i knew their quality and r&d would justify it. but i talked myself into the perrin. rallitek carries it. you love the sound, but does it drone?

The other thing that the Perrin 3" Mid-pipe has is a huge flex joint, which really made fitting it up very easy. That and WBR's Donut-to-Flat flange adapter. It does drone, but I may have a slight exhaust leak at the PD inlet connectors so I don't want to say yes (with certainty), until I've had a chance to retighten everything underneath.

Now that my Steelers have won, I'm going to take a drive and see if I can capture some PD sound clips.

Just talked to Subaru of Plano, they no longer carry Prodrive parts.

Did you mention the prodrive Legacy mufflers they had specifically... the new crew over there isn't that bright... and prolly doesn't even know they have them... or they sold out (doubtfully)

I mean seriously you might have to tell them "you had a few sets a few months ago are those gone now?"

I watched them send a guy somewhere else the other day for rear camber bolts..they don't carry them etc...

There were two sets of whiteline camber bolts hanging right behind the guy.

Archived