LegacyGT.com

MPG - serious overkill

robertsm99

Alright so I just got a new Spec-b about 2 weeks ago and someone at Subaru needs to be slapped. I know that "MPG" has become the latest and greatest buzz word when trying to sell, market and print/tv ads, but Subie has REALLY over done it. Between the Mult-info display computer, the analog dial (Eco gauge), and the Nav system, there are like 5 gauges to tell me the EXACT same thing, and it's the one thing I really DON'T give two $hit$ about!!!!

Trip computer on the dash, has the avg and instantaneous MPG, then there's the analog dial "Eco gauge" that swings around under the spedometer, then go to the Nav system, hit the info button, there's a MPG gauge by the fuel icon, both instantaneous and avg, go 2 buttons over it shows another set of gauges with my instantaneous MPG, acceleration and something else.

Do I really need this many displays telling me about my instantaneous MPG? REALLY? I really DO NOT care that much about it

Anyone know who or where I can email Subaru so future models can get something more interesting, maybe a "boost" gauge or something? I wish there was a way to virtually/realistically slap the "genius" who designed this feature and thought this would be a good idea!!!

End Rant

• 1 year later...

The 2010 LGT has the redundant gauge and display, plus if you peg the Economy guage at the bottom, it starts charging you carbon credits for every second past 10 seconds it is there.

After 2 solid minutes, the ECU cuts off the engine and applies the electric parking brake and the car sits for 30 minutes. During this time, it reports your actions to Subaru and Al Gore.

I'm going go keep googling, woudl love to replace that with a BOOST or TEMP gauge, something actually usefull.

The 2010 LGT has the redundant gauge and display, plus if you peg the Economy guage at the bottom, it starts charging you carbon credits for every second past 10 seconds it is there.

After 2 solid minutes, the ECU cuts off the engine and applies the electric parking brake and the car sits for 30 minutes. During this time, it reports your actions to Subaru and Al Gore.

I'm going go keep googling, woudl love to replace that with a BOOST or TEMP gauge, something actually usefull.

LOL! I see what you did there.

I would have loved it if that stupid +/- MPG needle under the spedo was a boost gauge though.... with kPA or PSI

Archived