LegacyGT.com

I love Colorado

johnAWD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no ocean, no dungeness crab, no surfing, no care.

I loved it when I was on vacation there 3 years ago. Took the trip all along the coast. My kids loved it because we would drive until the tides went out then stop and walk and it was like a roving zoo.

Oh and the crab you could get at the vendors they would catch them cook them right there!

Anyone else refuse to eat seafood here? When I get asked to go get sushi, I'm always say "We are in Colorado. You really think its really fresh? I'm not ok with that."

Take me to Japan, I will eat sushi.

take me to Louisiana, I will eat shrimp.

I'm in Colorado, got any trout?

Anyone else refuse to eat seafood here? When I get asked to go get sushi, I'm always say "We are in Colorado. You really think its really fresh? I'm not ok with that."

Do you think the fatty tuna you'd get in a NYC sushi restaurant is caught in Long Island Sound? :lol:

Some of the freshest sushi I've had in my life has been in CO.

2 words. Sushi Den.

I live literally across the street from Sushi Den, its all I can do to go there every single night. But then I'd be incredibly broke haha!

I've been all over the country and Sushi Den def ranks in the top 3 places I've had sushi at - sushi being my fav food.

Haha I lived across the street from Sushi Sasa up til about 2 months ago. I do like it a lot, but I think the fish quality is better at Sushi Den. However, I like Bonzai out on Leetsdale I think it is. They have over 88 different rolls and the prices are much better than the other.

First, I agree that Colorado rocks. No place I'd rather live. The drive from Denver to Glenwood on I-70 is a blast and I can't get enough of it... Oregon is a close second though and one of our favorite vacation spots.

Second, sushi rocks. It's my favorite food. It's just as good in Denver as it is in California, etc. The fish doesn't drive out here.. it takes an airplane and it's fresh. Sushi is my birthday meal every year.

Third, Sushi Den is over-rated. I agree that it is awesome and there is no place better. It probably is the gold standard but no better than Sushi Zanmai in Boulder. In fact I find surprisingly little variation between most sushi spots in town other than hip-ness.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I've been in love with the mountains in Colorado since a family vacation there when I was 15 (a long time ago). Then ski-bummed a winter in Aspen on my way out here to the left coast. Loveland Pass in the winter before the Eisenhower Tunnel (and before Subarus :-) Have been back in the summer/early Fall several times since - Crested Butte, Telluride, Estes Park, Breckenridge - much driving and staying between those places. I remember a road in the mountains above Lake City when I had to stop to let a herd of sheep cross the road.

I'd agree with Sushi Den being overrated - but it is a great place to take someone when youre making a good impression - ie a date or a business dinner with someone new in town. I actually really like Zanmai in Boulder - used to go there all the time - hehe it was 3 blocks from my house in College haha - seems like I live around sushi places eh?

Archived