LegacyGT.com

How much is to much to weld in a resonator?

lepich

I do not have a resonator yet, they gonna find one for me. Do not know price yet.

So, they will measure and cut it anyway.

BTW, where i can get one myself? Another muffler shop?

There are no bad people, just differeent.

I have one of those on my magnaflow CBE, it's worthless IMO (I'm guessing about 5% volume reduction)..

If you're looking for significant reduction (25%) try the Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator, or something by Magnaflow..

This one?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vibrant-Ultra-Quiet-Resonator-2-5-Center-Inlet-Outlet_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ120332483041QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

BTW, did you install this one in additioan to one you had? I have borla resonator, but still, on a highway it is too much drone for my taste.

But it looks like there is no room for an additional one.. Now I ma not sure will it work if I just replace borla with this Vibrant-Ultra-Quiet?

hmm...I was actually thinking of doing the opposite as you, see if i could get a muffler shop to fab up a straight through replacement pipe where the resonated pipe is in my Borla CBE. I wanted to see if it would increase the audible noise outside the car. I'm aware it will definitely increase the interior noise.

snow05gtRI, better go to stage 2, catless up and DP will make your borla sound much louder! Plus, some nice gains :-)

Tarmac Junkie, they quoted me for all the work, like removing stuff from a car, cutting, welding, putting back. This is why it so much, I guess.

This one?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vibrant-Ultra-Quiet-Resonator-2-5-Center-Inlet-Outlet_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ120332483041QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

BTW, did you install this one in additioan to one you had? I have borla resonator, but still, on a highway it is too much drone for my taste.

But it looks like there is no room for an additional one.. Now I ma not sure will it work if I just replace borla with this Vibrant-Ultra-Quiet?

That's the one.. I'm under the impression it will give a pretty significant decrease in overall volume (-25% or so), although I've never even heard an exhaust with this resonator..

I bought my Magnaflow CBE used with the bottle style vibrant resonator already installed, which was sold to me with 500 miles on it because it was too loud for the previous owner. My LGT still has 2 cats in the DP (stg 1) & it's pretty loud with mild drone at cruising speeds..

What's your setup? Are you completely catless? I rode in an LGT with a Perrin HFC DP and the Borla CBE, which I thought was somewhat quiet..

I am on stage 2, catless Up, catted lachute DP + borla cbe (with resonator). On a city driving it is just fine, but cruising about 70-80mph gives you a very low booooo sound, it is hard to talk to a backseater.. Also, under 18 psi of boost it sounds the same low loud..

I was told that additional resonator will help with this low boooo.. Only problem where to fit it. need to get under a car to measure everything before I buy a resonator.

GL with it..

Try some searches here & nasioc. A number of members in the 'Magnaflow exhaust thread' have tried different configs & styles of resonators with mixed results. One guy actually installed a 3rd muffler in the midpipe, but I don't think the result was great (fitment issue ?)..

Got a muffler.. much bigger than borla resonator, will be a really tight fit. Also, noticed some unexpected: it has 2.75'' external diameter, which is bad. It won't fit to a 2.5'' borla tubing, I'll need to cut and weld it from a both sides.

Archived