LegacyGT.com

Snows, AWD and my right foot

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol, i have had live axle cars that would out handle a spec b, but your right i havent ever heard of any good handleing american cars, i never heard of the ford GT, Corvette, viper, 03/04 cobra. Hell even the new cobalt can keep up with the STI and Evo even though its FWD. But lets just all be sterotyping D-bags and agree that no american cars have ever been able to handle well.

:lol: The quote I made that comment on was about "Classic American Muscle" therefore, your point is moot. The Americans have a handful of well handling cares, I never said they didn't. All I said was your typical American muscle car isn't as focused on it's handling. Don't even get me started on the new "Challenger" hahaha yea right, Challenger to what?! So please, stop taking things out of context. Lastly, did I ONCE compare ANYTHING to a Spec.B? No, I didn't, so please don't make that comparison either.

And when it comes to the Viper, it is an exceptional handler.... Have you ever looked at a chart monitoring Gs felt in your ass. It's the constipation solution. Also, don't burn yourself on it's shifter which for some reason gets pretty hot.

Where in any posts does it say classic american muscle, all the post said was american muscle. All cars handle better now than they did back then, its not like jap and german cars have the same suspension and brakes now as they did then. The 1954 vette had IRS, fuel injection and an entire fiberglass body years before almost and other production car was using that tech.

I guess... If all you care about is going in a straight line. :rolleyes:

Well I had an S10 Blazer and i would drift that thing and wip it around corners. Yes it is an SUV and no i never came close to tipping it, i kept the center of gravity under the tipping limit. Snow, Wet and even Dry difting was no problem for me with that truck, and no mods to the suspension either. Just alota brake pads and tires. The truck still runs really great too. and that truck was not designed for how i drove it.

Subie on the other hand is! Like this one mountain pass, the fastest i could do with my blazer is 50-55 mph through most of the turns. in my subie i was doing 65-70. SO MUCH FUN!

FINALLY! Snow in Nebraska! Yay! Hooray! Expecting 4 inches of the white stuff here in Lincoln. Drove to work this morning with a total superiority complex due to all this freakin' anticipation. First healthy snowfall this year yet. I pwned everyone pretty much that was ahead or besides me. Yea ... wassup bitches. Outta my way slow poke. You, with the GTP ... Boosted FWD. FTL eh?

Pulled into the parking lot @ work and did a couple of donuts prior to parking. Got out of the car and walked away with much grief in me heart.

Soon ....

yeah fishbone. Finally came to our neck of the woods. I love mashing the throttle a getting a bit sideways, and using the throttle to get it straight again! You get to have fun while still being in control.

BTW, would you like to talk about your little 'complex' there? :lol:;)

I guess that doesn't mean what I think it means, lulz.

Look, what I was trying to say was that I felt like I was hot shit and everyone around me was a bunch of underlings or underpriviledged nuns. I had no patience for their FWD shenanigans and slow-pokery *waves hand dismissively*

And I'm sure I just made up a couple words there.

I guess that doesn't mean what I think it means, lulz.

Look, what I was trying to say was that I felt like I was hot shit and everyone around me was a bunch of underlings or underpriviledged nuns. I had no patience for their FWD shenanigans and slow-pokery *waves hand dismissively*

And I'm sure I just made up a couple words there.

I know the feeling, but it is not just limited to us with AWD. I felt the same way in my FWD Acura CL with Blizzaks on. Awd/FWD with snow tires is much better than AWD/FWD with all seasons from my experience.

I remember a weird site I saw a few years ago coming home in the Acura on the highway in a snow storm. I was going about 45 in the left lane while the right lane people were going about 20. I had absolutely no problems at all, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw this car try to move over to the left lane and as he crossed the center his car just slid hard left and went straight into the center divider. Good thing he was going slow, but that wouldn't have happened with proper rubber on the car.

oh yeah, its a 98 Dakota sport. its even fun to slide in 4x4 if theres a lot of snow... I have had a little trouble spinning the LGT around in the snow as of last year. I dont know why but even in 4x4 i can bring the truck around with a lot less effort, in a good way.

Finally got some fluff last night here in nyc. I finally got the leggy in some snow and it was alot of fun until I hit some ice. The car put a smile on my face as I pushed the gas and had fun/control at the same time. Lucky for me I was driving slow when I hit a patch of ice but yet came very close to a car that whipped out of there driveway with no care for anyone else. The thing that made it so close was after he saw me "trying" to brake he dosent move and just stays 1/2 way in the street like an idiot without a way for me to pass. If I was going a little faster I would have slammed right into his nice little lexus truck as my abs was working at full force. Happy nothing happened just shows you, you must always be prepared for anything!

I love when people do that, they see you coming and see that you cant stop so they panic and just sit there, they dont try to move foward or back up they just sit there waiting for you to hit them.

People are idiots. Many drivers are like little robots that don't actually think, they just follow ad-literam what they were taught. If a road condition does not compute, they fall back to safe-mode, better known as retard-mode, where they slam on their brakes and sit there waiting for something to happen.

Yes i have had this happen the past two snowy days, which 1 was last night on the ride home. I totally agree that they sit and wait for something to happen, guess what if you dont wanna get hit MOVE. People always laugh and call deer dumb for getting caught in the head lights and then freezing up, well whats different between the average driver and a deer NOTHING. Its a common case of freezeabifida most common in camry drivers

Archived