LegacyGT.com

Stolen GT-R...

I went to one of our local Nissan Dealers today to drop off my wife's Altima. While there, I saw that they had an 08 Gt-R sitting there on the back lot. As the Service person was checking us in, I asked about it.

I had never seen one at a dealer or on the road. She said it was not theirs but was stolen off a hauler before it made its way down to South FL. The thiefs had it for 2 weeks and did approx. 20k in damage...mostly body. The kicker is that the thieves even went to the extent of tinting the windows so they could not be seen...like one is invisible in a black GT-R...the tint was Getto-ass mirror tint, too. The Cops should tack on an extra charge for using that crap.

Here are a couple of pics....you can't really see too much.

gtr2.thumb.jpg.efce3b39fec6faca3aa30589e054ecd3.jpg

GTR1.thumb.jpg.52b365e8d32744a05dbccd4645aaf6e4.jpg

Rehab is for quitters.

I kind of doubt that the thieves would be able to do much with the car. At least if Nissan is anything like BMW when they ship their cars. BMW locks the ECU into a kind of limp mode until the car gets to the dealership, so they can't be driven very fast (like 35-40mph is it) until PDI is performed and the ECU gets hooked up to the diagnostic machine as part of the PDI.

^+1

I wonder how many cars like this are fixed up and sitting in dealers lots waiting to be sold OR how many people have actually bought them unsuspectingly. Isn't it true that a car like this hasn't been registered in any State so things like carfax won't help.

This car will be sold as a "demo/manager's special" after repairs. There won't be any mention of the theft since it was untitled. The damages caused will be borne by insurance covering the transport of vehicle from factory to dealership.

Oh man, and then some unlucky buyer is going to have whats left of that faulty transmission go out in the first week, and they're going to deny his warranty claim.

:(

Archived