LegacyGT.com

'05 LGT Thule update

njsub

Just got this from my buddy on the Thule fit kit for my '05 LGT

"They told ski barn in late Jan they told us Feb 10. When we called this week the said early march. They don't have any"

At this rate, I'll get my rack and box on the car just in time to bring my skis home from the mountain.

i had a thule rack for my nissan -- i didnt want to use it on this car though so i ended up selling it... (it hurt my gas mileage too much as it was, and doesnt really go with the visual look of the legacy as well as it did the nissan. (not to mention having to buy a new fit kit..)

I can push my ski's through the back seat pass through in this car. -- not sure how i'm going to get my bike around now. I'll probably invest in one of those trunk carriers, they're only 90-ish from thule and should hold 2 bikes easy, and come off with no hassle when i dont need it.

i had a thule rack for my nissan -- i didnt want to use it on this car though so i ended up selling it... (it hurt my gas mileage too much as it was, and doesnt really go with the visual look of the legacy as well as it did the nissan.

I can push my ski's through the back seat pass through in this car. -- not sure how i'm going to get my bike around now. I'll probably invest in one of those trunk carriers, they're only 90-ish from thule and should hold 2 bikes easy, and come off with no hassle when i dont need it.

A snowboard is a bit tough to get in the fold down part of the seat but isn't too bad, more then 1 board is such a pain. I only will have the rack on when I am on trips to the mountian, so I am not too concerened on astetics.

what ski shop did you get it from? i don't need to get it from my buddy - it was just a convenience thing since he'd get it from the store when he was working and deliver it to me since we live in the same town. f-that though if i could get it now.

i'm tired of having snow in my backseat after coming off the mountain. And anything more than three pairs of skis ain't happening. Forget about it if you have to add a board into the mix

I got it through Princeston ski shop in Elmsford NY, but it still is a special order. When did you order it because it may have something to do with it. Also in retail sometimes they will give you a time that is later then expected so they get it earlier then you expect and makes you happy to get it earlier.

Hope it works for you guys. Thule failed miserably at the LGT wagon kit. You have to break out the Dremel to make it fit properly. Maybe the delay was a good thing in the case of the Sedan kits?

I just got a call from ski barn. they ordered two kits (one for an employee and one for me). they got one. the employee who ordered it doesn't need it right away so he offered it to me. i'm running over tomorrow after work to grab it.

i'll get it on and post some pics for you all.

Guest JessterCPA
or you can just come out to the Wendsday meet at the Palisades.

I knew you were going to say that. I told you, it's POKER night man!

If poker falls through, I'm there. Work is only 10 mins away!

Has anyone tried the Saris racks? Wondering if there would be much difference in noise on the wagons with the more aerodynamic design?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 1 month later...
Not sure why you all waited so long for the Thule fit kit

Most of us already owned thule racks from previous cars, so we really only needed the fit kit to adapt it to our cars. $50 and wait a couple months...or $300+ last fall and toss the old Thule stuff.

Archived