LegacyGT.com

'05 LGT Thule update

njsub

Well, I installed the Thule rack tonight. It fits fine... I have no idea why it took soooooo loooong, the kit is very simple. It's a straight bracket with a tight curl on the end to catch the under side of the black plastic trim. There is actually more clearance for the window than I expected. Getting the fairing to fit right took the longest, I have the old style fairing and I like it to sit on the windshield trim instead of the paint; thus I have the front bar about 1-2" farther forward than the kit suggests, but it seems fine.

Overall, this kit fits the car better than kits for other cars I've had in the past with window frames. I don't have any experience with Yak kit, so can't vouch for which is better.

I'll try to post pics if I can figure out how to do it......

• 4 weeks later...
I just installed the 400XT kit with the 2155 foot kit for the 05 Sedan on my 05 GT Wagon. My Thule box now fits on the car and I can open the rear hatch without it hitting the box. I paid $160.00 for the mounts, ouch. But at least I can open the hatch all the way. I used one of the old bars from my 98' and 00' Wagons. I have about 2" of clearance between the box and the hatch. I can still move the racks forward quite a bit if I need to. I have a buddy with a 05XT who will buy the other half of the mount kit, so this will only cost me $80.00. I'm not good with pictures so don't ask.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived