LegacyGT.com

5EAT Clunk from rear during gear shift

rubberman

i noticed my rear end clunk when i take a right turn while hard accel in turn. it did it 2x then 1 week later i went over a speed bump <10mph and the front went over no prob but after the rear went there was a clicking sound from the rear for like 2-3 sec. possibly any damage? i do take a corner at 35, its a pretty steep flat to up hill and my right rear comes off the ground each time. rear tire is off the ground 2-3ft

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

rear diff insert bushings from whiteline are cheap and easy to install. $35 give it a try. also would try out the rallitek inserts for the auto trans mount. the group n mount made a huge difference on my mt. nvh was barely noticable.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

seriously my tranny swung back and forth about 2-3" easy by lightly turning the front wheel back and forth while off the ground. my dp would slam into the firewall as well and thats with a good 1-2" clearance!!! after the trans mount install this is no longer the case and shifting has gretaly imporoved.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• 4 months later...

bumping an oldie...

my car never had this clunk until recently. car sat for about a week, maybe a little over a week while the dealer was checking it out for what i thought was a blown turbo. when i got the car back the clunk was there.

i also have the rallitek "comfort" bushing.

someone beat up your car.... :spin:

hope not, but i dont see what else could have happened if it was at the dealer for a week...

+1

Does it roughly slam into gear during any particular shift? If so, it's very likely someone ran the hell out of it when it was cold, and a clutch got damaged due to it not working in a warmed up, lubricated transmission. I am very familiar with the worn clutch symptoms :mad:

Go after them, hard.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

thats what i was affraid of. i'll be contacting them ASAP and cant wait for the run around they give me.

should i remove the rallitek bushing? i dont want to give subaru any opportunity to say its my fault.

That's up to you... I personally would before bringing it in for a swap.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived