LegacyGT.com

Are you cereal? $60k for a TT............LOL

well.. considering I can get an LGT with ~250hp from a 2.5L for less than $35k out the door yet I cant get an A/S/RS4 out the door for less than 40 with that kind of power..I'd consider them in dire need of update.

Or you could get an Impreza with 265hp for even less. Again I'm not defending their pricing. I'm with you on the fact that they cost to much for what they are. Proof is that I bought a spec B over an A4 which I would have gotten an employee price on. However what does a C230 or a 328i cost? That's Audi's target, not the japanese which it should be. Audi is blind to Lexus and Infinity when they shouldn't be. An A4 can be had with the 3.2L which is rated at 250hp (maybe more now) for under $40k. People just think the Sline package mean you get more hp when in fact it is more like getting a spec B over a regular LGT.

They're competing in the "elite" class of cars with the "average" class of horsepower.

C230's and 328i's aren't scorchers either. They are their entry level cars. There is a new S4 inbound with the new 3.0 supercharged motor rated close to the V8 numbers (now the S4 is compared to the 335i). There is supposed to be another RS4 in the works, but considering Audi released the current RS4 in 06 (in europe) it gave BMW and MB plenty of time to out do them performance wise. It's kinda like when Subaru finally released the Wrx in the US and Mistu was in the backround waiting to see what the Wrx was going to be so they could top them.

For $40k I can pick up a sorta loaded A4 with yawn performance or I can pick up an Is350 or a G37 thats fully loaded (or darn near it) for the same price with decent performance.

An IS350 that is rwd only, or a G37 with garbage awd.

In Germany, this was referred to as a "Doctor's Wifes' Car." So the fact that it is expensive and not especially fast is good.

Ding Ding Ding... winner.

It's a chick car, plain and simple. Just like the SL Benz.

Not necessarily potent in any category but looks flashy and throws out the impression of wealth to anyone who sees you in it.

Much better cars for the money, IMO.

The mind boggles, how does a small sports/supercar company buy out an industrial giant like VW/Audi? And the TT can be a very fast car, the quattro system is excellent,, i have a buddy who just sold his, it had around 500whp, on a good launch it would break all 4 tires loose, 4 wheel tire spin FTW!

Archived