LegacyGT.com

my stock exhaust is rusted to s!@t

oneslo5.0

I just picked up my 2005 LGT about a week ago...love it so far. Today I decided to take a look under the car, probably should have done it before I purchased it, not that it would have changed my mind about the car... but the entire exhaust from what I can see from the down pipe I guess all the way back to the mufflers is completely rusted to hell except for the mufflers. I assume the mufflers are stainless??? Why would they not make the entire system SS, this is a $30K sedan, not like an econobox or something, just very dissapointed. Even the hangers for the mufflers are rusted, would not be surprised if they broke at any second.:mad: Car has 25K miles on it...I guess I will need to upgrade to aftermarket..there goes $1K I did not want to spend.....just needed to vent.

I got a question.....Where did you find a '05 LGT that only had 25k on it?

Anyways I saw your in Philly, they salt the roads up there in the winter? That's almost guaranteed to cause anything to rust that isn't stainless, especially exhaust, or treated. Second the upgrade excuse!!!

I got a question.....Where did you find a '05 LGT that only had 25k on it?

Anyways I saw your in Philly, they salt the roads up there in the winter? That's almost guaranteed to cause anything to rust that isn't stainless, especially exhaust, or treated. Second the upgrade excuse!!!

I looked around for a bit and found it up in Jersey... had a price range and mileage I was looking for and was luckey to find it...and yes they salt the roads in Phila...but previuos poster says the system IS stainless steel...hard to believe:eek:

It is stainless, just not a fancy grade of stainless. It will likely outlast the rest of the car even though it isn't pretty.

Subaru exhausts have been like this for many years. They last, despite looking like they are rusty, because as rao said, they are stainless. The exhaust on a '92 I owned and still in the family is still fine (though doubtlessly doomed now :lol:).

If you want the shiny stuff that yells STAINLESS! you'll have to go aftermarket.

Subaru exhausts have been like this for many years. They last, despite looking like they are rusty, because as rao said, they are stainless. The exhaust on a '92 I owned and still in the family is still fine (though doubtlessly doomed now :lol:).

If you want the shiny stuff that yells STAINLESS! you'll have to go aftermarket.

Thanx for the clarification...if it is stainless and just looks like hell but is OK I am fine with that...can not see it anyway:redface:

Archived