LegacyGT.com

Just in time for winter, the Rally Armor URs are out

Edvig

Just in time for winter, I picked up a set of the Rally Armor UR mudflaps. These will fit for the 05+ Legacy sedans, wagons and Outbacks.

I had the Subaru splash guards on my car for the past few years. Those splash guards were so small, they basically did nothing. :lol:

Legacy_RA_1.jpg.116a3cac34966bbf0e6b81378df5518b.jpg

Legacy_RA_2.jpg.ab8276690041ae1e3d08aef258420686.jpg

Legacy_RA_7.jpg.b4a28074a8813d423d84b4f5de759e1c.jpg

Those are awesome. Where did you get them? Did you order directly from Rally Armor, or did you find someplace else that had them cheaper?

I got them directly from Rally Armor. You can also get them from any Subaru dealership as well. :)

Isn't that going to create problems with snow in the wheel well?

These are the UR (urethane) mudflaps which are flexible. The snow will fall out! Rally Armor also sells the Classic mudflap. This version is slightly cheaper and is made of a stiffer plastic. The Classics have been around since the 05 model came out and I haven't seen any posts regarding snow accumulation in the wheel well.

I've been waiting for the URs for a while. The URs look better and last longer. I'm glad that RA is finally making them. :)

I think they are basically the same in size and shape, but a lot more flexible. They might be slightly bigger...hard to tell from the pics. I've heard they are just over-all easier to clean and it doesn't hurt them if you drag them a bit on high spots.

I think they are basically the same in size and shape, but a lot more flexible. They might be slightly bigger...hard to tell from the pics. I've heard they are just over-all easier to clean and it doesn't hurt them if you drag them a bit on high spots.

Ah, thanks. I guess my OEM flaps will have to be good enough for me right now.

Edvig,

Have you noticed a decrease in rear-window crud? One of the only things that drives me nuts about my LGT wagon is the back window constantly being dirty. I figure these would help, but wanted a first-hand report.

From what I can tell by playing w/my hitch mount bike carrier, the crud is picked up by the flow under the car and the rear tires do not have much effect...
:spin:

Edvig,

Have you noticed a decrease in rear-window crud? One of the only things that drives me nuts about my LGT wagon is the back window constantly being dirty. I figure these would help, but wanted a first-hand report.

Sorry...I didn't see this post until now.

I'm not sure how much the RA flaps would help to keep the rear window clean. I've only had the mudflaps on the Legacy for a week now, so it's a little early to tell.

No problem. Just wondering. I'd know within a day of driving here...lol. Weather must be a little nicer where you are.

Regardless, I want them. Keep off some of the mud and sand from the roads. Ice on roads gets sanded here, with some mix of sand that it is really, really fine and when mixed with water and de-icing chemicals it makes a mess of cars.

Archived