LegacyGT.com

Pulled From The Truck Forum I'm On

taskforcefreddy

In case you thought you've seen it all, this was copied/pasted from a Ford Powerstroke forum.

Well, I have been working on changing my oil and installing a FS 2500 for about 6 hrs now. I am also changing over to Amsoil at the same time. In order to get the most of the oil out, I drained the as much oil out of the pan as would drain. Then I put in about 2 quarts of clean Rotella T 15w40 which is what I was using before, aswell as a quart of tranny fluid (to help clean up any sludge etc). Then I started it and let it idle for about 30 seconds to a minute. It ran ruff and the oil pressure light went on. As I reached to turn it off, it died. I didnt think anything of it as I figured once I refilled it would prime right back up. But after installing a new filter, the bypass, and filling with oil, and cranking it for 15 seconds, 3 times. It hasnt started. What do I do next? I am already late for dinner with my family....

On top of the fact the the PSD (powerstroke diesel) takes nearly 4 gallons of oil, the sophisticated fuel injection system uses a high pressure oil pump in order to actuate the massive injectors. So not only did he run his engine dry on oil but he ruined his fuel injection system as well.

He was able to finally get it started after filling it up with oil and cranking if for 30 seconds but he's pretty much destroyed his $7,000 engine.

LOL... It's not just him. Today someone asked for some opinions on trading his 2006 Covette for a 2008 F350 Crew Cab. A lot of people chimed in with opinions and the OP mentioned that he's really gonna miss the power of the vette. That's when some other guy chimed in and said (and I quote),

"Put Spartan tunes and DPF delete on that truck and you'll think that 'Vette was pokey."

So you're saying that you're 8,000 pound, slightly modded pick up truck will beat a 12 second stock corvette?

And HE was threatening to stop "helping" others.

I bet they're all thankful he blew his own truck up first, before offering advice on how to do the same to theirs...

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No man this really works, I'm telling you. It's the way to fight our oil dependency! No oil means less bucks going overseas. Now why doesn't it turn over?

LOL

Someone should get his starter motor wired backwards (fun thing about diesels, you can run most of em in reverse, then they are a bioch to shut off....)

And when you run a diesel in reverse you will have the oil pump doing the same thing and the engine will be ruined due to lack of lubrication.

The only engines that can stand running in reverse (in general) are 2-stroke engines unless they have a oil mixture pump that depends on the rotation.

453747.png

A diesel is regulated by controlling the amount of fuel injected so you just cut the fuel instead. But the injection pump may be designed to only rotate in one direction and therefore the regulator will be "confused" when it goes backward and increase fuel instead of decrease it when trying to regulate the rpm.

And if you have a turbodiesel and the turbo dies so the engine oil goes into the engine you will have a runaway engine that can't be stopped. Rather dangerous.

453747.png

I think the dumbass in that thread had a 6.0L Powerstroke right? If so his fuel injection rail is powered hydraulically by engine oil. If there is no oil, there is no fuel pressurization, and there is no more running.

Archived