LegacyGT.com

March 4th SIA Plant Tour DETAILS!!!

Hello everyone.

First of all... we need to get a list on who will be attending the Lafayette SIA Tour on March 4th. Please only add if you are sure you will be going.... I will start a list. Please copy and Add your names as we go.

1.) Steve McCorry

2.) Kris McCorry

3.)

AGAIN... this is for the March 4th date ONLY.

In addition, Rob and I were talking about getting the group together the night before for a meet and greet and the potential of getting everyone who is coming out on the 3rd into the same hotel. The next morning, we could all go to breakfast and caravan the cars over to the plant.

I did some checking and I couldn't find a hotel right off I-65 that had a gathering / lounge area, but there are several restauraunts nearby.

Another alternative ..... there is a really nice hotel in W. Lafayette (right over the river, near Purdue University) with a good size lounge/bar in the lobby. The parking is very secure and it is a brand new hotel. Plus... there are several bars right next door (it is near a campus, after all). My wife and I stayed there about 2 months ago on a weekend trip.

The address is :

Hilton Garden Inn

356 E State St

West Lafayette, IN 47906

USA

http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=LAFWLGI

Rates are around $110, but it is a very nice hotel. If you can give me a count of rooms, I'll even check with them about a group discount.

The only downside to this hotel is that is it a few minutes (~10) off the Interstate.

Does this sound do-able? :D

March 4th attendees. Copy and add your name:

1.) Steve McCorry

2.) Kris McCorry

3.) Rob Catron (Hilton looks nice)

4.) Ted Earp

5.) Jeff Carlson

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

Hey all - Just a reminder that If you are going on the tour, please PM me your name so I can get you on the security clearance list.

Thus far, I still only have 9 people for the 3/4 date, and 4 for 3/18.

I would like to set a deadline of next Friday, 2/15 for the sign ups for the 3/4 date.

Thanks!

Rob

Yeah Seth, that'll work great.

This is going to be fun. I have a 1 day work week the week of the tour. (kind-of)

I come back from a 2ish week buisness trip to CA on Wednesday and then leave Thursday night. Awesome...

Ted

:spin:

So...just to update...

March 4th attendees. Copy and add your name:

1.) Steve McCorry

2.) Kris McCorry

3.) Rob Catron (Hilton looks nice)

4.) Ted Earp

5.) Jeff Carlson

6.) Seth (SUBE555)

7.) Nathan (Mr. CentralOhioSubarus) is your wife coming too? If so, add her Nate

This is who all I have thus far signed up for March 4:

1.) Steve McCorry (mccorry)

2.) Kris McCorry (mccorry)

3.) Rob Catron (rob-catron)

4.) Ted Earp (praedet)

5.) Jeff Carlson (jmcgliss)

6.) Lisa Kowar (jmcgliss)

7.) Seth Van Heuklon (SUBE555)

8.) Nathan (Mr. CentralOhioSubarus) is your wife coming too? If so, add her

Nate

9) Robert Ohlhausen (rao)

10) Derek Hart (RockHart)

Sounds kool, I might have someone coming along, trying to persuade, can't say for sure right now, if need be, praedet, I'll be getting a seperate room, it's only about a 25% chance, I'll pay up my portion if it works out.) I'll let you know ASAP about security if that goes through, by say, Monday? When are you sending security in?

Sounds kool, I might have someone coming along, trying to persuade, can't say for sure right now, if need be, praedet, I'll be getting a seperate room, it's only about a 25% chance, I'll pay up my portion if it works out.) I'll let you know ASAP about security if that goes through, by say, Monday? When are you sending security in?

No problem at all to bring someone along. I would like to know by Sunday night, though, as I would like to send in the names on Monday the 28

thanks,

Rob

A couple of things....

First of all, I just got off the phone with the Hilton corporate sales department and the Lafayette Hilton Garden Inn. It doesn't look like we can get a discounted rate with only 10 rooms. So the rate quoted was $111 to me.

BUT... here is the important part.... there are only ~20 rooms left available as of now. Seems that something must be going on at Purdue that weekend (hence another reason I couldn't get a discounted rate).

SO.... HURRY UP AND BOOK YOUR ROOMS ASAP!

Secondly, Rob... my dad might be coming dowm from Chicago for the plant tour also. I will let you know "yay" or "nay" ASAP along with his details (if he is going to come down).

Sorry I couldn't get a better price, guys....

Steve

Bump and addition....

4.) Ted Earp (praedet)

Nate

11) Rick McCorry

And BOOK YOUR ROOMS ASAP!

Was able to get training rescheduled, so I'm now in for the 4th.

4.) Ted Earp (praedet)

Nate

11) Rick McCorry

12) Craig Jacobs (iuksob03)

What time are you leaving the hotel Thursday morning? I am trying to decide if it would be better to meet up with everyone there or at the plant. Also, any idea when the tour will be over?

Not sure when we'd leave the hotel, I think Mccorry knows the area/route the best from the hotel.

I wouldn't expect the tour to last too long, according to how many questions, etc that we have. I really do not know. I'll try and get an estimate on Monday

thanks,

Rob

From the hotel to the SIA plant is probably 15-25 minutes, depending on traffic on St. Rt. 26.

I would guess the tour would be ~ 1-2 hours. When I was in college, I had a tour of this plant and I believe it was around that long....

Archived