LegacyGT.com

What Kind of Modder Are you?

What Kind of Modder are You?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What Kind of Modder are You?

• I can afford to buy 3+ of each mod I buy.
    • I can afford to barely afford the mod that I buy when I buy it.
    • I put that sh*t on layway.
    • I pawned my daughter for my turbo upgrade.
    • Dont mod, I also took my wife's last name when we married.

you lacked on the poll department... :p

me? basic power/personal aesthetics (stage 1 tune, Borla CBE, AEM CAI), then doing suspension in the spring. already have the pinks, just waiting on spring time to buy the bilsteins and install it. i wanted to give one winter a run on the stock suspension see how it goes. plus not lowering the car for the snow is helpful.

after the springs/struts...either stage 2 or sway bars. waiting to see how the stock bars feel with the new suspension. and also to make sure i'm not broke after the suspension installs. i would like to get a cobb DP, and grimmspeed UP/crossover pipe.

I mod up to the limits of stock injectors. I know with a proper tune it'd be ok, but my past experience going w/ turbos + larger injectors never seemed to run quite as smoothly as the stock units. That's why I'm interested in the VF-52. If my turbo ever lets lose, I'll slap that on and retune.

mods aren't always about how much money you have...

I limit mine to bolt ons and items that can be removed to maximize resale and to sell the parts 2nd hand when I sell the car.

I suppose the only exception are my cleared corners..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

My mods are limited. I like to maximize my cars , but stay within the engineering limits. Im at Stage 2 - TMIC , stage 2 computer mods , uppie / DP mods but stock injectors and turbo.

For me I wont be trying to make my Civic make 400 HP.

The single reason I bought this car is to have a great all-around car that happens to be capable of 400whp. It's taken me over 4 years to be able to afford that level but I am now installing all the parts on the car to take me to that level.

My car is getting close to paid-for and I've got a whopping 17k miles on the odometer. The future of my LGT looks pretty good from here!

Should have been how do your finances affect your modding?

But it was late and brain already took a crap long before then.

I'm like a few members on here.

"When I afford a mod, I barely afford it."

My car isn't where I put my cash into. Home + retirement + savings + living + dogs + family + other hobbies + etc.. The cars are on the lower tier of "where to dump fun money".

I dont know about the use of the word "fun." in the word "money."

They dont go together for me. :(

no my money goes to all those fun things lke.. sinks.. cabinets.. showers.. a roof.. flooring..

I suppose those things are fun in 10 years but right now its just a financial parasite. :lol::(

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived