LegacyGT.com

My stage 2 logs (Mickeyd stg1 based) How do they look

black318i

Don't touch the turbodynamics.

Only reason I mentioned TD table was the 20% increase in WGD% and how the pressure was oscillating just a bit, but I didn't look at how lean the AFRs went at the same time.

I noticed the g/sec & load dropped significantly at that point as well which could explain the AFR change(ie; target change) or a post-maf/pre-turbo intake would explain it as well. I'd check the recirc line on the BPV since that was fiddle with during the TMIC swap out.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only reason I mentioned TD table was the 20% increase in WGD% and how the pressure was oscillating just a bit, but I didn't look at how lean the AFRs went at the same time.

I noticed the g/sec & load dropped significantly at that point as well which could explain the AFR change(ie; target change) or a post-maf/pre-turbo intake would explain it as well. I'd check the recirc line on the BPV since that was fiddle with during the TMIC swap out.

That's true, but the 20% is only in the high boost error range. When the boost error is small, the TD proportional is very small.

The oscillation between 3000 rpm and 3600 rpm is due to overboost by about 0.5 psi. Not a big deal. It's really the TD integral moving around here due to the 0.5 psi overboost.

The problem is at 3675 rpm.

At 3675 rpm, the boost drops from 17.27 psi to 12.91 psi. That's got to be a boost leak. The ecu sees the big boost error and applies a large TD proportional which effectively closes the wastegate. This then causes further problems.

I think the bottom line is that there is a leak somewhere.

You should drop initial and max by about 30% and retune the timing table.

You probably want to check your fueling too. When AFR #1 = 12.63, your true AFR = VERY LEAN.

You've got a LOT of knock going on there.

Something's very wrong.

How did you come up with 30%?

Ok I adjusted Initial and Max WGDC and the overboost issue is gone. Target boost is 17 and peaks at about 17.27, but mostly just under 17. AFR at WOT is 11.14. I also raised the boost limit fuel cut from 17.4 to 18 at 14.7. IAM (4-byte)* seem out of wack since the TMIC though. It's been .875 and .7 even after a reset and right after starting doing nothing but idling. I thought its supposed to be 1?

Ok thanks. I didn't find a leak. I think the boost drop and AFR drop had something to do with the overboost p0224 CEL I was getting with my old WGDC settings.

On your Knock Counter tool is it ok to clear out the data in the AVCS table and paste mine in even though table for the example is larger than mine.

Also does:

Fine Learning rpm range = Fine Correction Range (RPM)

Fine Learning Load Ranges = Fine Correction Range (Load)

If not where can they be found?

Ok, but I can't find Fine Learning rpm range and Fine Learning Load Range. The closest thing I found was Fine Correction Range (RPM) and Fine Correction Range (Load) under ignition timing -knock control. Are these the correct tables? Also the instructions say to reset the ECU before loging. So is a reset required for each logging session that will be appended? Sorry for all the questions. I take things quite literally. Also I'm a big hands on leaner so going stricly by written instructins has been a chalange for me.

Yes, those are the correct values (Fine learning ranges).

You no longer have to do a ecu reset.

You now have to get a learning view and populate the FLKC table initially. Then you need to log continually after that. You can stop the car, but the next time you start the car, you should continue logging. The reason is that the spreadsheet keeps track of FLKC and so you don't want FLKC changing during a time when you didn't log.

I've got a new spreadsheet that uses knock sum. It's much simpler. I might post that sometime in the future.

Are the Current and Worst FLKC tables supposed to change after you run filter data? Also under the Knock tab on the Minimum total correction table are the two shades of red obvious? I have cells showing -0.48 to -5.40 and they all seem to be the same color and should I even bother making changes to cells showing 1-2% number of events total?

The user populates the initial FLKC table.

The current and worst case FLKC will change. Sometimes they will be equal to each other.

-5.4 is bad.

This spreadsheet is really meant only for fine tuning. If you have -5.4, there is something else wrong.

Well I did a pressure test and found a leak. Now that it's fixed I think I'm going to get a paper filter so that my intake will truly be stock and see how my MAF scaling is. Back to the spreadsheet. I did enter the data for the three FLKC tables, but what I'm wondering is are they supposed to change their own after running Filter Data? Initial seems to be untouched, but Current and Worst are being altered after filtering.

• 2 weeks later...

What if you have a positive KLKC?

I use to have nice map based on a mickey'd st2 map, but recently everything gets chenged: some sells show negative KLKC, which i see knock in my logs, but also, hte last column (>1.60 load) showed positive FLKC..

never seen before, what does this mean? I meAn positive FLKC

There are no bad people, just differeent.

What if you have a positive KLKC?

I use to have nice map based on a mickey'd st2 map, but recently everything gets chenged: some sells show negative KLKC, which i see knock in my logs, but also, hte last column (>1.60 load) showed positive FLKC..

never seen before, what does this mean? I meAn positive FLKC

It means your IAM < 1. What changed?

Which map are you using. I have never published a stage 2 map. I only put one out for stage 2.5 (FMIC with K&N intake).

I've used stage 2 map based on your's st1 from roamraider forum..

http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic3271.html this one.

yes, my IAm dropped, according to LV.

Nothing was changed, except it is warmer than before, now 56-60F, use to be 40-45..

But again, the same map was fine before, same temp as now.. got a leak?

There are no bad people, just differeent.

Archived