LegacyGT.com

AccessPort Group Buy ? ! ? ! ? !

since i plan on buying one and used AP's for 07-08s are non-existent, i did a little searching and i noticed there have never been any group buys for AccessPorts. there was a thread started in 2004, last post was in 2006 but nothing seemed to ever come about from it. is there not enough interest in a group buy for AP's? $695 is a pretty penny and i think with a group buy a lot more people would want one and move them off the shelves for the vendors.

fixed as in cobb tells companies they distribute to to sell for a certain price? maybe, but cobb is selling these to our vendors for discounted prices, def not for $695. why couldn't a vender sell them for less than $695 to move inventory and create sales? i'm gonna buy one either way i'm just saying it could help our wallets a little and vendors sales. no offense to vendors, but with the slowed down economy theres not too many companies whose sales are thriving. i'm just making a suggestion and wondering why a group buy has never happened.

What I was trying to say is Cobb fixes the lowest price a vendor can list on their website or in forums....that is often why you will see a posting from a vendor saying to PM them for pricing. They often will sell for less or often a vendor that also does tuning will offer an AP with a custom map....this way it can appear as if the map is free or relatively cheap.

the reason for no GB is probably because it would be difficult to find 10+ or whatever amount of people needed to get a discount at the same time and that want to spend $700 on engine management. seems to be more of a buy it right away or buy it when I can type of product.

i bet a lot of people on the board also either have an AP or some form of tuning already. seems to be what people are first directed toward when they come here.

used ones will pop up. a couple days after i ordered mine a few popped up in the members' classifieds for a good amount of money less. I got it in a package with some parts, though. my advice: get to a point where you're about to pull the trigger and buy it and then wait a week. see what happens heh...

yea i hear you. i've been there for a few weeks already. i bought the perrin tmic for 500 last week, and i'm just about decided on the cobb DP. the AP is all that is left to get right now. you are definitely right about used ones popping up after i buy new for full price.

Archived