LegacyGT.com

Man I love this car

Started with my 2005 LGT, 5 speed manual, 54K miles, completely stock.

Did the following:

1. Baseline dyno

2. All new rotors and pads (frozen rotors and Hawk pads)

3. New high perf brake fluid

4. New up pipe (ceramic coated) (deleted 1 cat)

5. New down pipe (ceramic coated) (deleted 2 cats)

6. New top-mount intercooler

7. ECU tune

8. Red Line fluids in both diffs and tranny

9. Upgraded shifter bushings

10. Cobb front and rear sway bars

11. Dyno

Starting WHP = 199

Ending WHP = 248

Starting WTQ = 209

Ending WTQ = 288 (:D)

Here's my dyno graph. This chart shows boost, HP and TQ (both before and after).

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8567/dynochartoct20082682044fw1.jpg

I'm lovin' life. Still getting 26 MPG on the freeway in 5th at 65 MPH on the level. I hope this car lasts a long time, it is a BLAST to drive. Earlier in the summer, I put on a new set of tires (Goodyear Eagle Response Edge). They're really great, quiet and relatively sticky for all seasons.

Big thanks to Matt at RS Motors in Burnsville, MN for awesome work on my ride.

The TMIC is my next mod early 2009. Thank you for making this decision even easier.

Basic stage 2 isn't anything where it could be with a bigger intercooler and (possibly) a big air intake up front. All tuned for it.

Speaking of air intake, the shop I used removed the silencer. Not sure if this is a common mod or not, as I don't read this board as often as I should.

Wow, my car sounds like an angry STi when I get on it, yet with the stock exhaust, it is just as quiet at speed as it was stock. HIGHLY recommened.

Anyway, the silencer is a box that sits below the intake in front of the right front wheel. Now, my car breathes through the snorkel and through an almost baseball sized hole where the silencer used to hook up. LOTS of air equals lots of power. :D

Speaking of air intake, the shop I used removed the silencer. Not sure if this is a common mod or not, as I don't read this board as often as I should.

Wow, my car sounds like an angry STi when I get on it, yet with the stock exhaust, it is just as quiet at speed as it was stock. HIGHLY recommened.

Anyway, the silencer is a box that sits below the intake in front of the right front wheel. Now, my car breathes through the snorkel and through an almost baseball sized hole where the silencer used to hook up. LOTS of air equals lots of power. :D

Yup- Jedi did a nice write up on this quick mod about 3 years ago. More noise!!:cool:

Archived