LegacyGT.com

Is it safe to use AWD with Automatic Car washes

Yes it is safe but be careful: it may damage your aluminium rims. Also the Automatic Car Wash soap has been shown to cause the intercooler to melt on the turbo cars (GTs) or other welded aluminium components on the 2.5i cars. So I would strongly advise you to only wash it there in case of emergency.

Yes it is safe but be careful: it may damage your aluminium rims. Also the Automatic Car Wash soap has been shown to cause the intercooler to melt on the turbo cars (GTs) or other welded aluminium components on the 2.5i cars. So I would strongly advise you to only wash it there in case of emergency.

hes full of shit, the only true statement is the drive through may scuff up your rims.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

hes full of shit, the only true statement is the drive through may scuff up your rims.

Bullshit. Do a search on soap + intercooler and you'll see what kind of havoc it has caused.

I seriously don't know why Subaru would leave our ICs exposed in such a way that soap could so easily get to it.

What I would do if I had to run my car through the wash is put something in the scoop so that nothing came into the intercooler. I would then take it out right after I pulled out of the car wash, while the ppl were drying it. But I will refuse to run my car through a car wash. Too many risks and I prefer using the soap and conditioner that I know is good.

Bullshit. Do a search on soap + intercooler and you'll see what kind of havoc it has caused.

I seriously don't know why Subaru would leave our ICs exposed in such a way that soap could so easily get to it.

:lol: Gullible isn't in the dictionary any more, did you know that?

Soap DOES NOT DAMAGE THE INTERCOOLER....

Seriously, they need to plug up that damn hole in the hood, water, soap, snow, even air gets into the engine bay, i dont know why they designed in such a flaw like that.

Seriously, they need to plug up that damn hole in the hood, water, soap, snow, even air gets into the engine bay, i dont know why they designed in such a flaw like that.

I believe that Vivid Racing sells a large plug that fills the hole in the hood perfectly.The plug mounts from the underside using velcro fr easy removal and install.

You can get it painted to match the color of your car or it also comes in carbon fiber.$200 plus shipping I believe.

Sure it is. So is humor. You should look it up sometime.

Honestly, I posted that with a grin on my face. Through the wonderful world of the internet I honestly didnt pick up on your sarcasm. I thought thought you were another person being mislead.... sorry about the response. Turns out they put gulable back in.

Archived