LegacyGT.com

Probably buying UP & DP, Few Q's

GULLABLE0NE

so i already bought my perrin tmic, and now i'm looking into buying an UP & catted DP. AWJ has a group buy and i'm almost ready to swipe the credit card. i just want to know if there are any fitment issues with the invidia UP and the catted DP? also opinions on the quality of these products would be appreciated as well. stage 2 here i come.

I've had no experience with the Indivia products.

I can say that I've read a ton of comments from members that are very happy. I have read very very few comments from members that are unhappy.

Off the top of my head I believe that LGT-NY may be running an Invidia DP. You may consider contact him about his opinion/experience.

Also keep in mind that the stock UP on the 08 is already catless. If you are getting a steal of a price on both then great, but it is not needed to go stage 2.

Good luck.

ask the GB guy what version invidia DP it is. I know with V1 they had a problem with the wastegate arm hitting the divider in the pipe for some people. but they're on V3 now so I think they have it fixed. it was easily remedied, though. just by putting a small notch in the waste gate divider.

besides that, I've heard its a great product.

why not get a shorty Dp? You can save money (around $125 used. I have an extra Crucial divorced shorty Dp and PDE up both coated) and keep your third catt. I'm even running one with my 20g EWG setup. This is what a shorty looks like.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/153356.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/153428.jpg

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Have you gone through with the purchase yet? Another reason to not get a new UP (besides the obvious that it's not needed) is the PITA of tryng to get the thing to mate up to the manifold without leaks. Most of the 05-06 guys on here (including myself) that have made this upgrade fell upon hard times trying to the UP to mate up with no leaks. We all finally got the leaks to stop but it's just a hassle in getting to that point.

It's not that hard. I even used the stock gaskets over again. Only problem I had was a bad UP gasket.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

i have not gone through with the purchase a sof yet. after doing some more research i found that the uppipe is a waste like you said. i have decided on the cobb dp but i'm gonna wai till the new year to buy it. thanks for the input.

Yeah... it's hit or miss. Were you able to get it on your first shot? I used new OEM gaskets and redid the damn thing three times before getting it right.

Yes the first shot, and that is including the EWG with no leak. But it took over 15hrs(closer to 20hrs if you include 2hr nap I took from 3AM to 5am) to do the full install.:lol: I install the 20g, UP,DP,EWG, TGV deletes, APS inlets, and modd 816(really 828-832) injectors. What a big PITA!!!!!! The worst was that F*ing APS inlet, having to make custom coolant lines for the 20g, and the DP bolts because of that EWG. So after all that I can say I was luck but, the install took forever.:)

• 1 month later...

Archived