LegacyGT.com

DP's with WB02 bungs

Spec B

I did a search and found info scattered in different threads.

I am looking to get (ideally) full length DP with O2 bung (near the turbo) and a divorced WG.

I thought it would be a good idea to compile a short list of DP's available (with or without bung)

Full Length (w/extra O2 Bung)

Megan Racing

Cobb

Lachute

Xo2

Shorty (w/extra O2 bung)

Maddad (divorced wategate)

Crucial (divorced wastegate) -thanks jim1969

Flow

Perrin

Full Length (no bung)

Invidia (divorced wastegate)

Perrin

Any others?

Why near the turbo? Invidia does have an 02 bung. Its stock placement though.

Why near the turbo? I have a innovate lc-1 WBO2 and it says to mount the sensor about 18" from turbo. I cost about $20 to get the bung welded on. I have the bung welded on after my Crucial shorty DP near the stock rear O2 right before my HFC. It works great.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Yeah from experience The invidia dp mates very well with the x02 and perrin mid and y.

I believe borla is a bit smaller like 2.5 which could cause a bit of an issue. Not sure.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I got the DP in yesterday...it looks like a great piece. Only problem is, I think my turbo just died on me.. :( Not sure whether I should install the DP and confirm it is not just an exaust leak or if I should wait to get a new turbo and do it all at the same time... sigh.

I am getting the dentist drill sound under boost, but based on my logs, performance has not changed at all.

Okay, finished up the install, the invidia piece fit like a glove and no wastegate issues. Car definately feels peppier as compared to the gutted stocker.

I checked the turbo when we pulled the DP, no oil in the Dp, no shaftplay with the turbo, it was good as new.

Took the car out and the dentist drill sound is still there. I am not sure whether I should wait until I get other symptoms other than the noise, or just replace the turbo now.

What exactly causes the drill noise and how long before the turbo kicks the bucket?

You should inspect the compressor side to confirm your assumptions. Skip the vf52, you have a FMIC just go with a used vf34/39/43/48 it will likely be cheaper and produce more power. Vf52 is excellent for TMIC users but pointless for FMIC owners.

You should inspect the compressor side to confirm your assumptions. Skip the vf52, you have a FMIC just go with a used vf34/39/43/48 it will likely be cheaper and produce more power. Vf52 is excellent for TMIC users but pointless for FMIC owners.

Anyway to inspect without pulling the turbo completely out?

Archived