LegacyGT.com

Timo Glock ! The F1 World Champion helper !

f1anatic

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/439/preview1hb9.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6603/preview2jn1.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4739/preview3gk2.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/938/preview4sz1.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4824/preview5gn1.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4676/preview6ix1.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7296/preview7zw6.jpg

Can be a cause for discussion, but don't forget that Glock had the wrong tires for the conditions and therefore may have had less optimal speed in the preceding corner.

At least it was unusually interesting at the end of the race.

453747.png

Proud of Timo Glock. He helped Lewis Hamilton become world champion by moving aside on a DRY track, for 2 drivers, so Lewis could secure 5th.

:lol::lol::lol:

You are such a sore loser, Ferrariatic. :lol:

:p

But I must say McLaren did as much as they could to blow this race and championship. Both Ferrari and McLaren make an awful lot of mistakes nowadays. Did McLaren simply not have the pace this race? If they did and simply chose to play it cautious, they did themselves no favors.

I don't think they did have the pace to challenge at the front, though, given Hamilton's struggles with Vettel at the end. And McLaren really do have to ditch Kovalainen if they want to have the benefit of a "teammate." A slow teammate that can't keep back the prime opposition is useless. The only benefit to the team is that Kovalainen leaves Lewis a clear #1 since he's so damn slow.

Glock? Who knows. It's very hard to tell on TV what track conditions are like. Even a slight rain will ruin the grip of dry tires and everyone seems to agree it was slippery at the end.

Why should he push his luck when all he had to do was finish 5th or better? I would have done the same thing in both Lewis' place and Ron Dennis'. Stick in 4th or 5th, avoid confrontation and take home the big prize. Which he did. He let Massa cry his way to P1 but he took the Driver's Cup.

:lol::lol::lol:

You are such a sore loser, Ferrariatic. :lol:

:p

But I must say McLaren did as much as they could to blow this race and championship. Both Ferrari and McLaren make an awful lot of mistakes nowadays. Did McLaren simply not have the pace this race? If they did and simply chose to play it cautious, they did themselves no favors.

I don't think they did have the pace to challenge at the front, though, given Hamilton's struggles with Vettel at the end. And McLaren really do have to ditch Kovalainen if they want to have the benefit of a "teammate." A slow teammate that can't keep back the prime opposition is useless. The only benefit to the team is that Kovalainen leaves Lewis a clear #1 since he's so damn slow.

Glock? Who knows. It's very hard to tell on TV what track conditions are like. Even a slight rain will ruin the grip of dry tires and everyone seems to agree it was slippery at the end.

When it comes to Kovalainen it's not only about driver skills, they have had him often on a different pit strategy, which may have contributed to him being on less optimal times. He may also be a relatively safe driver since he did only retire three times during the year - and all from car failures.

OK, it may not be that he scores top points, but scoring points consistently isn't a bad thing for the team. I also think that McLaren wanted to avoid the scenario they had last year with Alonso/Hamilton battling it out and therefore selected a driver which was a lot cooler.

453747.png

oh cheer up, hami deserved the championship and would have secured it alot sooner if the FIA had been fair. He drove how he needed to drive today, maybe a bit too careful but he got the position he needed right? Ron and hami both stated that they knew they were racing timo not vettle, the final lap was very wet and even if the ground timo was on was dry, his tyres were wet and cold, as well as his brakes. Vettle is a great driver and not someone you want to be playing around with on the final lap of the final race, in wet conditions when the title is at stake. Yeah i think hamliton was trying abit too hard too keep a cool head and with that was slow but, i do not think timo through it for hami, no way he lost 6 seconds after they past him too, in three corners, next you'll be telling us that he didnt want any points and thought that kov deserved them more than he did. These are racers

Nice conspiracy theory :lol:

But why on earth would Glock help Hamilton, if that's what he did ? next thing you'll be saying that he was bribed to throw the position !

Hamilton, Masa and all the other contenders came in for intermediates when it started to rain, Glock didn't, I'm surprised he stayed on the track as long as he did.

Proud of Timo Glock. He helped Lewis Hamilton become world champion by moving aside on a DRY track, for 2 drivers, so Lewis could secure 5th.

HDTV screen caps. Give them a try;):lol:

I wish, I could direct link this picture. It's Jensen buttons car parked on the uphill to finish line after the race ending parade lap. Jensen's car caught on fire, notice the water all over his car(very noticeable on the flip ups).

http://www.formula1.com/gallery/race/2008/804/general/sunday.html

:lol:

Nice conspiracy theory :lol:

But why on earth would Glock help Hamilton, if that's what he did ? next thing you'll be saying that he was bribed to throw the position !

Maybe he agrees with everyone else who isn't a Ferrari nut in thinking they're in bed with the FIA.:rolleyes:

I am waiting on weasel to weigh in on the pictures and the last 20 seconds of racing.

Just saw Bob Varsha on Windtunnel. He said Glock lost 20secs to the leaders on the last lap and 10 secs on the 2nd to last lap. The rain was gradually getting harder (hard to see on TV) and just after the podium ceromony the skies opened up. Another car blew by Glock after Hamilton did.

Do you really think Toyota would pull over for Hamilton? Trulli fell down the order, too, on the last few laps (also on dry tires).

Oh, and if you want another conspiracy theory, Vettel only passed Hamilton cz Toro Rosso used Ferrari motors! That Bastard!

One of the independent teams is switching to McLaren power next year? Anyone know off hand who it is? I want to say Red Bull but am unsure. Oh, and anyone hear Ferrari's claim they will leave F1 if a standardized engine rule is put in place in a few years?

No matter what, it was another unbelievable race/championship finish to a (finally) great year! What I want to know is, how did Kubica (slow all weekend) manage to pass Vettel and Hamilton?

There has been some conspiracy theory around noting that BMW wanted Heidfeld to be the #1 driver and push down Kubica, and therefore making it less favorable for Kubica when it comes to team support. I don't know, but it's safe to say that Kubica is a good driver, and that he did get extra inspiration by at least realizing that he actually could catch on Hamilton during the final laps.

If it is that Kubica has had some inspiration problems lately or if it is a team problem, that is hard to tell. Maybe something of both. A personal clash in the team can be the cause. Who knows?

453747.png

Glock's own words.

"I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap," Glock admitted, having lost almost 20 seconds on the final lap. "I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the
on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap."

Hamilton gaining the 1 crucial spot and point to secure the championship is justice!!

Let's all not forget how Massa "WON" 2nd place in Shanghai when Kimi let him pass in the final laps of that race. I'd say what goes around comes around.

Another thought is how did Hamilton let Vettel pass him in the final lap when so much was at stake?

Archived