LegacyGT.com

Subaru of america forester xti concept

GTDriver

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a freakin' waste.

Sell it to someone at a premium, as a factory program car, with limited warranty.

Crushing a show car, especially a functional one, is stupid.

I can understand crushing, or otherwise dismantling development and testing mules. But a show car isn't that.

you know most of those hotrod shows like spike TV's "power block" and the like have their cars crushed as well.

Even the ones with small mods like a lift kit and exhaust.

They do it because they dont want to be held liable should an "untested" configuration break and cause injury.

it sucks tho. :(

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

you know most of those hotrod shows like spike TV's "power block" and the like have their cars crushed as well.

They do it because they dont want to be held liable should an "untested" configuration break and cause injury.

wow thats really really shitty all that work... i thought most of thsoe shows just keep the cars...

I know on the show TRUCKS that used to be on he def didnt crush those...

well the ones they do that are classics they may not.. they might run them through the show scene and whatnot, but I know the early shows that stacey david did, a lot of his got crushed until he put a stop to it.

then he left.. and went to some other channel that I never watch.

I still spite him for project copperhead.Before that truck I could buy a 67-72 c10 for $100, now that same truck is $1000. :mad:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

well the ones they do that are classics they may not.. they might run them through the show scene and whatnot, but I know the early shows that stacey david did, a lot of his got crushed until he put a stop to it.

then he left.. and went to some other channel that I never watch.

I still spite him for project copperhead.Before that truck I could buy a 67-72 c10 for $100, now that same truck is $1000. :mad:

oh what a beautiful truck though. with that chevy cate engine. it was a 5something I forget what...

thats a big boy. my highschool janitor had a friend with a built Chevelle 454 and when he burned out through all 4 gears you could see the gas gauge drop infront of your eyes. He used to tape a 100 dollar bill to the windshiled and tell people if you can grab it before we get to 100 its yours.

I couldnt

thats why some german cars have their shift up a gear on the manumatics as a movement backward.. even in my car sometimes its pulled hard enough that I cant seem to move the lever forward... and I'm not even stage 2.....yet..

ya know they should totally make this thing.. I wouldn't buy one but.. I'd like to look at them whenever I came in for serivce. :wub::lol:

that's fantastic....

note to self: now have new goal for my lgt ;):lol: :lol:

:lol: yeah it was great. was a private higschool i was one of the few that didnt live there. mostly rich stuck up pricks, so id chill with the maitnence and grounds staff a lot of the time BS about cars and shit.

FRAKKKING LAWYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::spin:

Those vehicles should be inspected, and then just as elligible for road use as any other modified vehicle.

If the vehicle was licenseable beforehand, and modified with parts that are available for road use, then who the hell cares if they were on TV or not.

A custom tube frame rock crawler should be able to be sold for an off-road-use, as well

A simple indemnity clause on the bill of sale, that states that the buyer doesn't hold the seller liable, and the buyer acknowledges the modified nature of the vehicle, and at their own risk, should be PLENTY of CYA.

Crushing good vehicles is a deplorable WASTE.

I agree. I think thats why stacey started building cars for owners later in his career at spike... it was probably a legal workaround.

I dont think I could build an awesome ride like that knowing that once it was done ont he show we'd dirve it a few times, take it to a car show or 2, and then mash it.

one of the vehicles that stacey had crushed tho was a k5 or sometrhing that he lifted and put on tank track looking things. :lol: I suppose that one was understandable.. but.. you know you can probably take those off....

this is the very reason I HATE monster garage.. they used to take tasteful yet under cared for classics, chop them up, and make them something idiotic like a lawnmower or a firetruck or something horrid like that I lost all respect for that show because of that.

Monster Garage was campy and weird, and I can understand your position...

but at least they made something else...

They only got crushed if they failed.

Crushing a show car for liability reasons is second only to euthanasia or murder of a living being, in terms of despicable behavior.

they actually crush them? why not dismantle them for parts? i'm sure they would get a lot of money back from sales of parts to junkyards/recycle yards than just plain crushing.

i wonder if any of the employees at this crushing yards steal parts off it before they crush it? since i doubt the lawyers or any1 from the company is there to watch it get crushed all the time

I think the XTI concept was a precurser to the XT Sports. It would make perfect sence for subaru to folow what they did for the WRX... Give the XT Sports the 265hp WRX engine the 5 spd manual or 5 spd auto, lower suspension, sport interior, 18" wheels and upgraded audio system. Remove the roof rails and add the bodykit as standard. This will allow them to capture economies of scale from the new WRX engine while filling the gap the new forester left of a sporty turbo version with a manual... Makes perfect sence and will not cost Subaru too much as everything will be from the existing parts bin.

I think the XTI concept was a precurser to the XT Sports. It would make perfect sence for subaru to folow what they did for the WRX... Give the XT Sports the 265hp WRX engine the 5 spd manual or 5 spd auto, lower suspension, sport interior, 18" wheels and upgraded audio system. Remove the roof rails and add the bodykit as standard. This will allow them to capture economies of scale from the new WRX engine while filling the gap the new forester left of a sporty turbo version with a manual... Makes perfect sence and will not cost Subaru too much as everything will be from the existing parts bin.

No it does not (for them). There are many things they could do from existing parts bin, yet they won't. Legacy wagon parts were 100% available (car was still built for Canada at SIA), yet they would not sell it here.

I dislike the new Forester, but I would not be opposed to car like that being available. Imagine if we had full line up, of Legacy STI (both wagon and sedan), Forester STI and heck even Tribeca STI.

Limited numbers and parts bin engineering could not possibly loose them that much money, yet think about the image such lineup would create for SOA.

They are too dense for it, though.

SOA needs to watch this move, then maybe we'd see an "STI" in each model line up....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHTsQ9qePrQ]YouTube - Field of Dreams Trailer[/ame]

If you build them we will come to the dealerships and buy them.

Archived