LegacyGT.com

JDM Rain Visors

MOMSWGN

Noob question... where would they be taped on... Its not the same as other cars that have the upper part of the door that you can put them on to... I guess you would have to put them on the pillar and allow enough clearance when you open the door right?? Or am I just talking crazy....

Agreed ^^ that questions is always asked. They tape and clip onto that black rubbery strip above the windows. There are no clearance issues. It'd be pretty darn silly for Subaru to make a factory option that didn't allow you to open the doors. If you follow the instructions you can't really screw up either. You will have to pull down the weather stripping and there is a bit of a learning curve to getting it back in properly (hint" you only need your fingers).

Not if installed right, mine are silent.

Mine aren't. Followed the installation instructions to the letter. I had my cousin who's a Toyota tech help me install them. Primed the area where the tape meets. Placed the clips on the corresponding dimples on the rainguard itself. Weatherstriping is back in place.

If anyone had this issue and corrected it I'd love to know how.

Not if installed right, mine are silent.

+1

mine have been great for a year as well.

They were expensive, but the guy who installed mine (who is also a Vent Visor dealer) said they were by far the best fitting visors he'd installed.

That is, of course, thanks to them being an OEM Subaru design.

Archived