LegacyGT.com

My Legacy is done for.....Pics may be upsetting to SWP Owners

I was hit by a drunk driver on Sunday night. I was stopped at a red light, and was rear ended. No airbag deployment.

So far, I have whiplash as well as a stiff back.

The Box in the pics is my nice fiberglass box with an Image Dynamics ID8. The woofer is seized and the box is cracked open in multiple places.

Pics

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ean611/DSCN0717.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ean611/DSCN0720.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ean611/DSCN0714.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ean611/DSCN0705.jpg

Guest heightsgtltd

Glad aside from the whiplash (not fun) you are ok and not more seriously injured.

Looks like you took a pretty bad hit but the passenger compartment stayed intact.

DoubleM. trailorphan, thanks.

heightsgtlt: Passenger cabin is in-tact. I'm just worried about my back/neck, they've been stiffening up over the last two days.

The one thing that made me feel better (for 20 minutes) was a test drive of an 08 LGT, I think I'm in love...

Yeah, that was a wicked hard hit.

The dude that hit you musta been doing at least 15-20+ MPH.

IIRC, these sort of hits can cause all sorts of minor hair-line fractures that aren't easily detected initially, not to mention long term injuries that may take a few weeks or months to show up... temporary or even long term loss of movement of neck/shoulder/arms (etc) can be rather common.

In addition to regular medical treatment, you should look into a massage therapist and/or an honest chiropractor just to help assure that your muscles return to their proper states.

Yeah, the car is repair-able... but if you go that route you really need an auto body shop that will work with you and make sure the repairs are done correctly.. not some shop that will let the insurance company nickle and dime your cars repairs.

Jonathan, thanks. The car is at Patterson Auto Body in Stow.

SpawnGT, yes, I'm probably Going GT. The test drive was too addicting...

EDIT:heightsgtltd, not sure what is up with my posting, was just replying. Kinda tired now, been dealing with insurance and medical stuff for the past two days.

Ouch, glad you're okay.. that looks pretty bad.

Where was the accident at? I would not sign any forms to release them from liability, as you are starting to feel after effects. It can take months... but you should hit physical therapy for massages and hot baths for your muscles.

Maybe you should buy my Evo :)

rice_rocket, it was in west roxbury.

I've signed nothing. Police report is damning for the other guy, "strong scent of alcohol on his breath"

I never wanted to be involved in a drunk driving case, but given the circumstances, It could have been a lot worse.

that, folks, is the legacygt equivalent of goatse- ass innards available for all to see.

glad to hear you are relatively okay. this should be an open and shut case. time to mosey on down into the powertrain forum for a little pickmeup :p

car for sale. PM me!

DoubleM. trailorphan, thanks.

heightsgtlt: Passenger cabin is in-tact. I'm just worried about my back/neck, they've been stiffening up over the last two days.

The one thing that made me feel better (for 20 minutes) was a test drive of an 08 LGT, I think I'm in love...

Take it from me, i have back/neck problems, sue the hell out of that drunk. :mad:

once you hurt your back, it will never be the same. it will become easier and easier to re-injure it. Not sure how old you are, but do what you can to keep your back healthy. Twice in the past 5 years i've been unable to stand for weeks at a time, let alone walk due to the pain.

Take a back/neck injury seriously. trust me, it's not worth it to "tough" it out. Back injuries are different than other types, the slightest pain means your back has been in a lot of pain already.

And i second the chiropractor and massage.

as for the airbags.

the way i understand it, if what i was told is true... your car has to be like over 10-15mph or something for them to deploy, or a really fast moving car to strike you. 20-25 may not have been enough to make them go off.

again... dunno if thats true, just what i heard from someone.

It's so they don't deploy on you if you were to back into a car in a parking lot.

Take it from me, i have back/neck problems, sue the hell out of that drunk. :mad:

once you hurt your back, it will never be the same. it will become easier and easier to re-injure it. Not sure how old you are, but do what you can to keep your back healthy. Twice in the past 5 years i've been unable to stand for weeks at a time, let alone walk due to the pain.

Take a back/neck injury seriously. trust me, it's not worth it to "tough" it out. Back injuries are different than other types, the slightest pain means your back has been in a lot of pain already.

And i second the chiropractor and massage.

Ditto on most of this, except that, having gone through all of this last year, had the knowledge ahead of time from an attorney that insurance companies don't give a hoot about massage and chiropractors. Go to an orthopedist and a physical therapist with an orthopedic specialty.

Interesting how the impact just missed the bumper beam. I wonder how would the car fare if the the impact was at the beam.

<---- running beamless with the JDM rear bumper and sometimes wonder if that's a good idea.

that may be true with the insurance.

go to one after the lawsuit is settled. it is worth it. but the last thing you want to have to do is surgery, no turning back... thats the one thing i fear most.

but regardless, take the back/neck serious. you'd rather have people think you are a wimp now and be able to walk in 30+ years, than be the tough guy and not be able to walk in 10.

a car is replaceable. back... not so much.

everytime i see a wreck i cringe anymore. from your pics, that had to hurt.

damn eitan that sucks! go LGT, but definitely get a 5MT. even if you arent proficient in manual transmissions, learning and then using it for this car will make it worth it. i dont mind my 5eat, but i often wish it was a MT...would do the swap if it wasn't so crazy....maybe one day if i'm rich...

just out of curiosity, how was the damage on the guy that hit you? i got hit in a similar spot a few months ago but the other person's car (lexus) got destroyed while mine was only slightly damaged

edit: btw...if you're not gonna repair, is it possible to sell things off the car? i might need a new set of wheels ;) ...but i dont know how those things work

Archived