LegacyGT.com

My goodness what have i done

ptango

oh my lord, i have messed up. i had a hole in a bulge in my exhaust. i know a bit shady. but its the last bulge before the big muffler at the back. and while i was having it welded shut cos it was causing me performance issues, i noticed a rattling noise inside so i decided if there is a pipe that has cracked inside we should get it out and get rid of the noise. So we butchered it and i was feeling quite pleased untill the drive home. I had no power and even the primary is spooling so late and the car doesnt rev as fast as it used to in all the gears. oh and my idling is so weak if i start the a/c the car starts bouncing but wont stall.

Can all this be because of the cat/resonator thingy?

Help me please

first, a "bulge in your exhaust" does not accuratly describe what the hell you are talking about.

second, this does not sound like the kind of modifications to cause those issues. The muffler shop may have killed your O2 sensor..... or your cat collapsed from all the abuse you just gave it.

Figure out the correct names of the parts you are describing and what was done to them, then try again

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Which brings me to my next point, don't smoke crack.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHOQAT0-Mk]YouTube - The Waterboy - Don't Smoke Crack[/ame]

Haha very funny people. its like this in the midpipe there is a bulge, the last one before the backbox. thats the one i butchered. some help would be appreciated. can the o2 sensor be causing all this.

there are 2 cats (bulges) in the down pipe, then one bigger bulge in the straight pipe in the exhaust, this is the resonator...is the one you broke in the straight pipe that connects to the Y-pipe of your exhaust or is it in the pipe before that one?

thats what im thinking cos now in theory the gases flow 2.5 inch all the way through then get to a gutted out resonator so the diameter in piping increases greatly then its forced back to 2.5 inch untill the rear muffler a.k.a backbox. does it make sense? therefore choking the engine a bit.

I appreciate your mature reply. Thanks

Archived