LegacyGT.com

Who want's to go Ice Racing this winter?

Legend

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
i might have to drop out

I heard about your accident... you'll probably be fine by then. Way to keep your chin up.

http://www.beeez.com/lgt/vail.jpg

But.. in case this wasn't you... what's up?

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I'm contemplating dropping out too, actually. Not sure how much sense it makes to go ice racing right after the car gets out of the body shop... I'm sure my instinct will be to protect and baby the car for a while. Sure sounds like fun. Maybe I'll just take the Wrangler. It wouldn't bother me much to run into something innocuous in that.

My '05 LGT

Damn, wish I had seen this earlier, and really wish my car was running right now. I've driven by Georgetown so many times and wished I could play on the ice in my LGT. Didn't know it was that easy to get on the ice...

I'm contemplating dropping out too, actually. Not sure how much sense it makes to go ice racing right after the car gets out of the body shop... I'm sure my instinct will be to protect and baby the car for a while. Sure sounds like fun. Maybe I'll just take the Wrangler. It wouldn't bother me much to run into something innocuous in that.

WTH! Come don't back out.

ICe racing was so much fun. But DO NOT GO with the RE-92 tires. They suck BADLY! even at whatever the minimum tire pressure was at. i think it was 15 psi... Wish my camera wasn't broke so i could upload my day at the georgetown lake ice racing last year.

And I recommend at least stock height. I was stock suspension when i went, and i was bottoming out once in a while. I guess from the snow packs, and parts of ice where it has been dug out from tire spinning?

And I recommend at least stock height. I was stock suspension when i went, and i was bottoming out once in a while. I guess from the snow packs, and parts of ice where it has been dug out from tire spinning?

You're really not making me feel good about my s-techs and 40-series...

My '05 LGT

You're really not making me feel good about my s-techs and 40-series...

Me neither and I have stock height.

Didn't bottom out hard or anything. I guess more like, "something is touching/scraping/feeling up my bottom"

And it is only on certain parts of the lake/ice. But it could be possible that this time it is all smooth?

Back to leaning towards taking the Wrangler... I could put it on it's side and it wouldn't bother me at all as long as I don't get hurt and can get a good picture or two of it. I'll get pissed if I mess up the LGT.

My '05 LGT

• 2 weeks later...

I asked Cooley about ruts, clearance, etc. Here is his response:

I don't think that you should have much to worry about in regards to clearance. I think the biggest obstical could be just getting on the ice, but I think that they have board's to help with that. We are going to have our own track set aside to run on. They will have a truck with studs drive around a couple of times to rough up the surface, but after that, we will be the only ones driving on it. Since 95% of the people that have signed up are in teh bare rubber class, I don't think that it will get too rutted, etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and we'll see you on the ice.

Ok I'll keep the Wrangler at home and take the LGT... unless I change my mind again.

My '05 LGT

Archived