LegacyGT.com

Who want's to go Ice Racing this winter?

Legend

Jon from Flatirons Tuning posted this today (pasted below) on awdpirates.net. Hmmm.. sounds interesting. Never done that before so I think I'm due!

I have had a few requests for this before, and it sounds like a heck of a lot of fun. Basically we would set up a Race on a Saturday on Georgetown Lake with Our Gang Ice Racing, and if we can get enough car's, we could even have a track all to ourselves.

There would be an open practice to begin with, then head to head elimination race, and we would split into two categories: Bare rubber (no studs allowed) and studded snow's.

After the race, we would get go back to open practice for the rest of the day.

This would be open to any car, but all car's that are going on the ice would have to be AWD or 4WD.

We would supply some prizes for the winner's of the two classes, and here's the best part.

Cost per car would only be about $25.00.

Let me know if you are interested by voting in this poll, and if we can get 15-20+ car's, we'll make this happen.

FWIW, right now, we are looking at Saturday, January 31st.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last time I was out there, they made any cars with blizzaks race in the mod class (which was studded jeeps open-headered flat fender jeeps). Seems if we got enough people, we could have the track and just race each other, but if it's an ordinary race day, those jeeps pretty much hand it to you.

Last time I was out there, they made any cars with blizzaks race in the mod class (which was studded jeeps open-headered flat fender jeeps). Seems if we got enough people, we could have the track and just race each other, but if it's an ordinary race day, those jeeps pretty much hand it to you.

Wow. Blizzaks are that good, eh?

My '05 LGT

My wife is much more enthusiast about this than she was about the track day or a trip to Bandimere. She is definitely coming up for the day. In fact, I almost have her convinced she should take our Wrangler up and race that... despite it's worn 33's. I'm not sure if this is a Subaru-only event though but will find out soon.

My '05 LGT

CGuava - Dang, dude. I see where you get your moniker (from the list of names on pirates)

Adam... Steve.... Still no commitment?

Somebody on pirates posted some pics:

http://boki-san.smugmug.com/photos/246280688_eo97W-L.jpg

http://boki-san.smugmug.com/photos/258416084_BVgPq-L.jpg

http://boki-san.smugmug.com/photos/246280818_buhBq-L.jpg

My '05 LGT

Nice. I was equally shocked by my wife's enthusiasm. Go figure.

Really? My wife thinks it would be fun, but also dangerous. She is also worried about me thrashing on the cars again. After the tranny in the legacy and the brakes in the WRX, I have to regain her confidence. LOL.

Really? My wife thinks it would be fun, but also dangerous. She is also worried about me thrashing on the cars again. After the tranny in the legacy and the brakes in the WRX, I have to regain her confidence. LOL.

I figure this event has to be pretty damn easy on the car... well, except for possibly body panels, but that's just cosmetic...;) Plus, now that mwiener is in, we know we'll get pulled out of the lake if the ice cracks...

My '05 LGT

Archived