LegacyGT.com

Who want's to go Ice Racing this winter?

Legend

Still an open spot or two.... head-to-head racing on ice! :eek:

New info 1-26-09:

Hello, and thank you again for signing up for our Ice Racing Event.

First, I wanted to give everyone a rough idea of what the schedule will be like this Saturday. We need everyone to arrive at around 8:30 am so that we will have time to get everyone signed in, etc. We will be having a Driver’s meeting at 9:00 am to go over the rules for the day, etc. and once that is done, we will go to open practice. We will start the single elimination races at about 11:00 am, and that should last about an hour and a half. Once we are done with the races, everyone is welcome to stick around and drive more until Our Gang starts to shut everything down which will be around 2:00 – 2:30 pm.

So our rough schedule would look like this:

8:30 am – 9:00 am – Cars arrive

9:00 am – Driver’s Meeting All driver’s are required to attend.

9:30 – 11:00 am – Open practice

11:00 – 12:30 – Single elimination races

12:30 – 2:30 – More open practice.

There are a few other things that I wanted to mention. First, I just wanted to remind everyone again to plan for extremely cold weather. I would recommend that you plan for the temperature to be 10degrees or below for the entire day, and about 30 mph winds all day as well. Make sure that you wear appropriate gear to stay warm, etc.

Next, remember that when you are driving on the ice getting ready to stage, etc., that you are going to be driving on very slick ice. You want to make sure that you give everyone around you plenty of space when you are staging, or parking. You want to keep about 4-6 feet between your car, and any other car at all times. Also, you should be at idle speed or stopped at all times on the ice, unless you are driving on the racecourse.

In other words, if you have your foot on the gas at any time, you are going to fast. This is very important because it will be much harder to stop out on the lake, and we don’t want anyone to leave with more dents in their car than they started with.

And just to be clear, the only time that you can drive aggressively will be when you are driving on the racecourse. Any sliding, drifting, playing, etc., on the rest of the lake will not be tolerated.

In regards to both the practice and race, two car’s will be on the track at a time. The track will be a mirror image, reflected over the start-finish line. Both car’s will start at their respective start-finish line (the two start-finish lines will be ½ of the track length apart) and which ever car crosses their start-finish line first will be the winner.

During both the practice, and head-to-head racing, we will be running a single lap around the course only. To make sure that everyone gets enough time on the ice, make sure that you are just running your one lap, and after you get across your start-finish line, you need to go around the course and pick-up any cones that you knocked down before you go back to get in the staging line. If everyone sticks to this (and doesn’t hit a lot of cones), the practice should move fairly so everyone should have plenty of track time.

Lastly, when you are staging, make sure that you are paying attention to the people that are organizing the race, so that you are ready to get on the track when it is your turn, etc. All of this will just help the day go smoother, and make sure that everyone has a good time, and gets plenty of track time.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me an e-mail, otherwise, we will make sure that they are covered at the driver’s meeting on Saturday.

Thank you again for braving the cold weather, and we’ll see you on the ice.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where were you guys? I was the only one there in an LGT!

We saw this on channel 9 news tonight. It was cool seeing lots of Suby's but there weren't many Legacy's that they showed.:( Hope you had fun and the I-70 trip wasn't too bad!

Parker

Did you see Leggie's? Because if you did, it was me.

Looks like I missed a helluva good time. Was working out at the gym and saw Cooley on 9news! I woke up at 3:15 last night and couldn't get back to sleep, which is very odd for me since I'm a solid sleeper. Around 5:15am, still awake, I decided that I couldn't/didn't want to go on such little sleep.

Slept in big time... felt like I really missed a good opportunity but still had the itch for burning gas on ice so decided to take the Jeep out for some wheelin'.

Sorry CGuava, especially in retrospect, wish I was there!

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

decided to take the Jeep out for some wheelin'.

Let me know next time you decide to wheel. My true love is rock crawlin. Got a few nuts and bolts to shore up on the new rig and it will be ready (though I have to trailer that thing anywhere I go)

Archived