LegacyGT.com

2008 stage 2 Outback XT

Deunan

Sup guys. Parts include: AVO drop-in filter, Perrin MAF hose, GFB hybrid BOV, Perrin TMIC, Perrin DP's, COBB intermediate pipes, Perrin axle-back, COBB's AP, PDX protune.

ONLY 224whp and 239torque(told them to tune conservatively since it's a DD and put about 3200 miles a month) Need retune since I installed few more parts.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/3119000-3119999/3119481_1.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/3119000-3119999/3119481_13.jpg

Turbo upgrade soon. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had stock BPV, stock MAF hose and stock axle back exhaust when I did protune. Also temp was around 88-92. Very hot day. Imma get another protune end of october when we have temp around 50s also imma get Perrin recirc BOV at the same time. Should be able to produce around 240s whp and 270s torque, well I hope anyway. No idea on Perrin TMIC, they did all the install and didn't bother to ask.

This is somewhere close to what I'm running. I have a AVO intercooler, Cobb intake(loud), Cobb catted down, Cobb mid and rear section with stock muffler Cobb AP and a tune at Harman. I'd love to add a turbo but Harman said too much power to the trans can cause it to have problems...What turbo are you considering?

Either TD0618g or AVO 380. Just want power around 280whp and 290torque. I'm already having rough shifts on 2nd and 3rd. Also low speed and stop and go shifts are rough. When driven hard I have no problem with shifts issue. Had to replace front and rear diff. fluid and AUTOMATIC trans. fluid replace only at 16,000. Color was getting dark.

• 4 weeks later...
It was around 88 temp when I tuned my car lol. I think they left PSI untouched, didn't ask :( I made up my mind, will get VF52, AVO intake, AVO intake box, protune and probably install and tune around christmas. Don't like GFB 50/50, have a compressor surge and it sticks 1/3 of time, so I will be getting Perrin recirc too. All I want is 250-260whp and same for torque any higher number will probably damage transmission if not already LOL. shifting 2nd to 3rd is very rough. I do drive hard and I average ONLY 17-18 MPG.

Ya PDX does very good job, I don't even ask for detail, I trust them completely. I wanna keep stock FP and fuel injector w/ VF52 upgrade. W/ E85 I'm thinking I need both FP and injector upgrade, what can I say I'm cheap. AHH small things in life that make me happy :) Hey Bludool you must work at PDX tuning, If you can get VF52 let me know, i'll pay extra for convenience for all at once shopping.

No,

I don't work there, live in Seattle, and made the drive down to have them tune. Unfortunatly we don't have E85 in Washington yet, at least not anywhere close to me. Our next mods is transmission valve body, this tranny could use a little crisper shifting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived