LegacyGT.com

Pic request: DGM with Torques or Meshs

kirbwrx

I have a DGM Spec.b and looking to buy some rims for it. I think I want either torques or Mesh from Rota. Cant decide on a color. Thinking Hyperblack or Steel Grey for the Mesh, and maybe Sports Bronze or Gold in the torques. Any input is greatly appreciated. Wish I could get the Mesh in bronze. Thanks in advance.

Kirby

You have a Spec.B!

Please dont buy Rota.... Bottom line they are just knockoff's

It honestley makes you looks cheap. Like when you see someone wearing a fake pair of Nike's.

If you cant afford the real thing I suggest

- Save up

or

- Buy used

There are many quality brands that are affordable such Enkei that can be had for $900 for 17" and $1100 for 18".

Keep it Authentic.

You have a Spec.B!

It honestley makes you looks cheap. Like when you see someone wearing a fake pair of Nike's.

- Save up

or

- Buy used

There are many quality brands that are affordable such Enkei that can be had for $900 for 17" and $1100 for 18".

Keep it Authentic.

Sure....you look cheap to the .0001% of people who 1. can tell the difference or 2. give a shit. :rolleyes:

Buy what you want.

You have a Spec.B!

- Save up

or

- Buy used

Keep it Authentic.

There is nothing wrong with Rotas. Sure, they are not forged wheels...but they're also not $500 a wheel either.

Let's keep in mind we're driving Subarus and not Ferraris. Spending tons of money on forged wheels on what is essentially a family sedan is really kind of ridiculous. If we are THAT focused on performance we bought the wrong car to begin with.

Honestly when I see Legacies on really expensive wheels I can't help but think that the owner is a bit immature.

And BTW, I have owned both Enkeis and Volks and Enkeis are no better than Rotas...they're both heavier, usually cast wheels. In fact, the finish on Enkeis is no better than Rota.

nothing screams ricer louder than someone driving a $20,000 car with $4000 rims. :lol:

I drive on Rota Torque's. I love them and get compliments all the time. I'll throw some pics up when I get home from work. Buy what you want though man and don't let these negative people sway you. With the economy the way it is just be happy you can buy a set of rims let alone nice ones or cheaper ones.

you can only buy the best if you want to belong to this forum. Everyone here is crazy rich and will look down on you if you don't have extra money to spend. :rolleyes:

Unless your putting rims under track conditions or off roading and beating on your rims..... cheap rims will be fine.... I do recommend though finding the easiest to clean rims.

Cleaning hard to clean rims = lots of hard work and sore bruised fingers when done.

well i would love to buy a set of enkeis or bbs or the like, but one: i dont care to drop 2-3K on some rims and then curb them and be out another grand to buy a new one, and two: i dont plan on tracking my car so some cast rims to make me asthetically like my car more is cool with me. I have been looking at other rims but i really love the style and price of the Rotas. their quality has improved alot over the last few years so i think they are a bargin. but if you are willing to help pay for the rims on the S402(my ideal rims) then i would be happy not not let my Spec.b suffer by having to roll on some cheap Rotas.

Let's keep in mind we're driving Subarus and not Hondas. Why does Subaru have OEM wheels made by Ray's, Enkei, and BBS? Oh it must because they are 'immature'.

And you think the BBS and Ray's wheels put on Subaru factory cars are the same high quality wheels you get when you buy direct from those wheel manufacturers? :lol:

The BBS wheels that come stock on the STi's are low quality versions of the "real" thing. They have to be. The premium BBS wheels we know and love cost 3-4 times the cost of the wheels that come on the STi. Not to say the STi wheels are bad, they're certainly not.

The same goes for the "Brembo" brakes that Brembo stamps their name on. All the Brembos you find on 350Z's, Evos, STis, G35 Coupes, etc...these are nowhere near the quality of brakes you'll find on true Brembos

well i would love to buy a set of enkeis or bbs or the like, but one: i dont care to drop 2-3K on some rims and then curb them and be out another grand to buy a new one, and two: i dont plan on tracking my car so some cast rims to make me asthetically like my car more is cool with me. I have been looking at other rims but i really love the style and price of the Rotas. their quality has improved alot over the last few years so i think they are a bargin. but if you are willing to help pay for the rims on the S402(my ideal rims) then i would be happy not not let my Spec.b suffer by having to roll on some cheap Rotas.

A lot of the people on this forum buy nice wheels for looks. If people TRULY wanted to race these cars they would be sticking with 17s and investing more into the tire and not the most expensive Volks they can find.

Every car forum is full of ricers with people rolling their $20,000 cars on $4000 rims and they're the same type of people who have their credit card maxed out.

I love watching the people on this forum calling Rota's crap wheels when you have guys with suspension-tuned Evos that are tracking faster than anything rolling on Rotas.

And you think the BBS and Ray's wheels put on Subaru factory cars are the same high quality wheels you get when you buy direct from those wheel manufacturers? :lol:

The BBS wheels that come stock on the STi's are low quality versions of the "real" thing. They have to be. The premium BBS wheels we know and love cost 3-4 times the cost of the wheels that come on the STi. Not to say the STi wheels are bad, they're certainly not.

The same goes for the "Brembo" brakes that Brembo stamps their name on. All the Brembos you find on 350Z's, Evos, STis, G35 Coupes, etc...these are nowhere near the quality of brakes you'll find on true Brembos

This may be the case for the STI BBS. What about the BBS RE's on the S402? What about the Ray's wheels on the S202? Those seem to be up to par as the wheels purchased from the manufacturer.

Have you owned a set of true Brembos? I have had the Brembo GT 332x32 kit and compared to STI Brembos w/ 2 pc. rotors and good pads they don't perform much differently. The caliper build may be of better quality but the function and performance is nearly the same.

A lot of the people on this forum buy nice wheels for looks. If people TRULY wanted to race these cars they would be sticking with 17s and investing more into the tire and not the most expensive Volks they can find.

Every car forum is full of ricers with people rolling their $20,000 cars on $4000 rims and they're the same type of people who have their credit card maxed out.

I love watching the people on this forum calling Rota's crap wheels when you have guys with suspension-tuned Evos that are tracking faster than anything rolling on Rotas.

If one was truly racing an LGT, they would NEED 18s to clear brakes. Then again the LGT may not be the best platform for a race car, that's why I have a track Miata. Sorry but my Spec.B was $35k and I only paid $1350 for my Volks. Call me a ricer.

i personally cannot justify to myself or my wife spending alot on wheels, that difference in money can be spent on other stuff for my car. i would love to say i have the money to drop on a set of $3000 rims, but i dont. so i will roll on what i can afford. still wish i could get the wheels off the S402 tho...my wife will never go for it tho, i think they are like 4K

Enkei RPM2's' date=' get them from Josh at IMPORTIMAGE - ~19 lbs in 18x7.5 and not much more than rota's. They look just like the wheels from the car at the top of the page...[/quote']

Those are nice looking wheels....do you have any picture of these on a LGT?

Archived