LegacyGT.com

How to change fog lights on 2005 LGT?

get under the front of the car, and find the pop its to pull back the black plastic cover. The lights are easily accessed after that.

You can pull them out from the back, no need to remove anything from the front.

I just changed the left bulb over the weekend. There are 2 pop-its that need to be removed. I jacked the car up about 8 inches just to see between the plastic panels as I pried them apart. The bulb is behind a round cover which is removed by turning counter-clockwise 1/4 turn. If you open the hood you get a little more light in there, and on the left side you can actually look down and see the back of the bulb. It's held in place by a spring clip which is easily released. You press down on the clip and swing it out of the way (it's on a hinge). Make sure you plug the bulb's pigtail wire into the cover before attempting to put the bulb into place. Observe the differences on the bulb's backing plate and make sure the new one goes in the way the old one came out (rounded cutout down, squared off cutout up??). Wear latex gloves to prevent any oil from your skin touching the glass bulb (it'll hotspot and die an early death). If you touched the bulb accidentally, wipe with a q-tip soaked in rubbing alcohol.

^^^^

I use my Chinese buddy. He has very small hands.

I supervise his small-handed action on my car.

Edit- I use my own clunky meat hooks for all other brute force work.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I have an asian buddy who does a lot of the tight space work on my car as well.

Archived