LegacyGT.com

[quote name='Th3Franz']I got a quote on a GT Limited (That's the only VIN I had, even though I am getting a regular GT) for about $790 every six months. This is considering I am under 21, but I have a clean record. This includes full liability and a $1000 deductible.[/quote] HOLY CRAPCAKES! That's freakin' high for a wisco insurance tab! Have you been in accidents or had violations recently? Buy a house.. you will get better insurance. :lol:

[quote name='Dr. Zevil'] HOLY CRAPCAKES! That's freakin' high for a wisco insurance tab! Have you been in accidents or had violations recently? Buy a house.. you will get better insurance. :lol:[/quote] "This is considering I am under 21, but I have a clean record." I'll buy a house when I can afford one. lol Oh, I think I forgot to mention that's with the highest coverage possible (like $500,000 I think it was).

I just called and quoted to take my wife's 2001 Rav4 off of the policy and replace it with an 2005 Legacy GT. Result... with the same coverages on both vehicles, the Legacy was actually [b]cheaper[/b] to insure. :o To quote Stimpy, "happy, happy, joy, joy"

Mercury quoted me the same price as my 99 Solara. Btw, it's also the same price as a '04 Legacy. The GT is an extra $50/6mo, for 100/300 coverage. That's not too bad, but I don't know if that'll last if a lot of kiddies buy the GT.

According to the info at the Liberty Mutual website, the Legacy/Outback has an injury/collision/theft "score" of 85/84/40, which is better than average for all 3 categories. An average score is 100, and lower is better. On the other hand, the WRX has scores of 85/278/nd. So the WRX is better than average at protecting occupants from injury, but the drivers are getting into a much, much higher than average number of collisions. Next time I see a WRX on the road, I am staying well clear of it! :wink: The monster Ford Excursion (seemingly the dream vehicle of every American soccer mom) has scores of 39/66/230. Better than the Legacy/Outback in injury/collision. But I like that the Excursion is much more popular with thieves than the Legacy. :twisted:

• 1 month later...
Since meier motor sports posted another thread about insurance and someone else posted a link coming here, I will do the honor of asking this, taking meier's questions: Now that you guys have your car... How much are you guys paying? Insurer? Every six months or per year? Age? Discounts? Anything else?
-ben

When I first called my isurance (USAA) with the switch over to the new car (legacy wagon GT), they did not have the vin numbers in the system. Anyways, just yesterday I received my amended isurance sheet for the year. My insurance actually went down almost $200 for the year from my last car which was a 2004 subaru wrx wagon. I am impressed.

I've got a black 2.5GT Wagon. My 6 month USAA premium, ($500 deductibles) is $648. I'm a single male, 28 and have a "defective vehicle" ticket on my record from 2002. Because I'm in medical school I was able to get the good student discount. most other companies won't offer the student discount to anyone over 25. My previous car was a '98 Passat which carried a $600 insurance premium every 6mos. Some companies, such as GEICO were over $1,000 every 6mos for the subie.

I just bought a 2005 LGT Limited sedan. Coming from a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited my insurance went down from $470/6 months to $406/6 months. I'm 33 and have a clean record. However, I'm going to need a radar detector to keep it that way. This thing is fast. NGG P.S. I also have USAA. P.S.S I have $1000 dectuctable.

i am currently paying insurance with my parents as a primary driver of a 96 tahoe. but when i went to progressive and quoted my own insurance on my current car, a 2001 ford focus zx3, it was around 1092 or some thing and when i did it on a 2005 legacy gt wagon it was 987 or something. i was surpriced at the difference and im 21 living with parents and a clean record. one not at fault claim

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='SC GT']How are people doing with the Forester XT? That might give you a clue.[/quote] I don't think so. 2 different cars.[/quote] Actually, the quotes I recieved for the two are very similar. BOTH are cheaper than my 2001 RS!

Archived