LegacyGT.com

Funny Names

Guest LGT-NY

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
his name is Simeon

My apologies. But the pronunciation is still the same...

My wife works at a children's hospital. She says they have a kid that comes in and her name is Candida.

Look it up.

People are stupid and they curse their children with these ignorant names.

My apologies. But the pronunciation is still the same...

no it's not its pronounced "simmy-on"

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

And mine is pronounced "Crack-ah."

:confused: I get "cracker" but I'm not clear on the point you're tryin to make here

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest heightsgtltd

Fail.

Simeon is actually a name from the bible and not made up. I know of Simeons who aren't black :rolleyes:

"The boy's name Simeon \s(i)-meon\ is pronounced SIM-ee-on. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "to hear, to be heard; reputation". Biblical: the second-born of Jacob's 12 sons, Simeon was a holy old man who was promised that he would see the Messiah before he died; when the infant Jesus was presented at the Temple, Simeon recognized him instantly. Simon is the more common anglicized form.Simeon has 3 variant forms: Shimon, Sima and Simyon."

Yup

however, Simian = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simian

The simians (infraorder Simiiformes) are the "higher primates" familiar to most people: the monkeys and the apes, including humans. Simians tend to be larger than the "lower primates" or prosimians.

surely our friend here wasn't trying to say that a black man is a monkey right?

Archived