LegacyGT.com

Where are all the coilovers?

DogLeggGT

I'm in the market for a new set of coilovers, specifically trying to find someone who has in stock the Tien Type CS'. Amazingly, internet vendors who advertise this and other coilovers of similar quality simply say they don't have them in stock and that they are hard to get. Jeez, so why even bother advertising them??? What gives? :confused:

Does anyone know where I can find a new set of the Tien CS' or a comparable coilover - like the HKS Hipermax LS+ - which provides close to stock comfort with ride height and damping adjustability? That is, I'm wondering who has them IN STOCK??!!??

I'm replacing a rather popular $1000 set of coilovers which have given me nothing but a sore tailbone, frayed nerves and dinged rims for the past 30,000 miles. It does not pay to skimp on coilovers. :spin:

I'm replacing a rather popular $1000 set of coilovers which have given me nothing but a sore tailbone, frayed nerves and dinged rims for the past 30,000 miles. It does not pay to skimp on coilovers. :spin:

I think you should save us all from a sore tailbone and let us know what type of coilovers you are replacing?!

I have the BC racing coilovers and I am very happy with the ride, handling and most of all, the price I paid!

This might be a good setup to upgrade to..

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90121

I have the KW v.2s. RC have softer springs(KW has 7kg springs.) The KW ride very nicely. They are BMW firm and in no way harsh.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Yah, out of respect for the vendors who try their hardest to provide good product, I'll decline to mention the name of the company. Some folks have said they like them just fine. I have driven some nasty roads in the SE.OH and N.KY area which are not forgiving to coilovers better suited for less pock-marked asphalt.

I've decided to just wait out the special order on the Tien Type CS'. The next question is should I have my rims de-dinged before the shocks arrive and risk re-dinging them? Just a matter of convenience - more convenient being to have them de-dinged before.

Strangely, I'm thinking of selling my car in the near future, with the brand new Tiens and a brand new Cobb Uppipe. Of course, it has much more stuff already on it: avo air filter, rallitek lightweight pulley, cobb sway bars and end links, cobb catted DP, AVO type 2 cans, Cobb AP, SSR wheels, spats, front lip spoiler and rear tailgate spoiler. Any interest?

Thinking of getting a minty fresh '85 Benz 300 TD wagon.

Which coilovers do you have now?

Yah, out of respect for the vendors who try their hardest to provide good product, I'll decline to mention the name of the company. Some folks have said they like them just fine. I have driven some nasty roads in the SE.OH and N.KY area which are not forgiving to coilovers better suited for less pock-marked asphalt.

De-dinging: rim repair at the local Wheel Doctor. The rims are milled down to remove the curb rash and light dings and then re-clear-coated.

Forgot to mention that the car has a Perrin top mount intercooler too. Seems like a wagon with this nice amount of bling might be wanted in a new home.

Of course, as the time gets closer to selling, I'll post it in the proper forum.

Archived