LegacyGT.com

Overheating problems?

My 2005 Legacy GT is overheating once every month or so. Today I was only in the car for 5 minutes and it was about 1/4 inch below the red. I'm a girl, forgive me if I don't know the technical terms. BUT, as soon as I start moving again, it cools off. It only does this every once in a while and I remember my Eclipse doing the same thing, but it wound up that just the thermostat was broken.

Has anyone else had this problem? Advice please? :-)

Bought the car 6 months ago and its got slightly under 50,000 miles on it. :-) BUT I didn't get the 37,500 mile service that the warranty says I need, so I wasn't sure if that voided it..

So how can I find out about those fans? Because they LOOKED like they're running, but again, I'm just a girl, if I knew what I was talking about, I wouldn't ask you guys! :-P

I had the same problem with my 2001 LGT with 182k miles. The solution for me was a the radiator screen was dirty. My mechanic used a special air tool that allowed him to blow off all the debris for free. He said he sees this all the time. I never had a problem since.

Hope this helps.

Archived