LegacyGT.com

my seatbelt chime wont go away-HELP!

so i read and re-read the thread/s on this issue very carefully and tried it but no luck

My question is that when u say

turn car to ACC there are 3 different settings ACC1 ACC2 ACC3 and then there is ON

which do i put it on before i start buckling and unbuckling the seatbelt like a madman about 20+ times (i tried ACC1 and 3 but no luck)

then i turn the key to OFF and start the car - RIGHT???

also do i need to buckle and unbuckle passenger side too like a maniac? (i think i dont have to)

also what exactly does this procedure stop? The entire chime or only the subsequent chimes after the initial chime??

please clarify once again exact steps with as many details as possible

Thx all.

First, take a deep breath.

Now you need to turn the ignition as far as you can without starting the car - the HVAC will be on and the dash will light up. As soon as possible after that insert and release the seatbelt (on the DRIVER's side only) 20 times - all of the way in and all of the way out. Then turn the key OFF. The chime is now off.

People make this much more complex then it really is. I've done it 6 or 7 times (you have to do it again every time the battery is disconnected) while installing my subwoofer and other accessories.

Goes to show ya why you should wait till after 12:00 to start drinking!!!! J/k :lol:

absolutely no drinkin and drivin...not the LGT at least LOL

man i just dont want to stop driving this thing...its so much fun..!!!

i am already saving up for the AP

i drive around and look for kills even when i cant take it over 4k revs.

had some fun with a 03 RL a g35 and a e320 yesterday.

the e320 came up real close to the rear of my car and realized the traffic ahead was slow due to a red-light and slowed down.

i didnt like it so when it turned green i waited to get some space between me and the car in front and took off.

The benz driver saw it and realized i wanted to play so he came closer to the rear of the car and i downshifted to 3 and stepped on it some more (under 4k at all times).

Found an opening on the left lane and squeezed in and was gone...i could see the benz driver smiling as i left him.

too bad i didnt get a chance at the red-light with him in the next lane.

cant wait for the break in to complete...350 miles more to go

how long did it take u all to finish break in...for me 5 days only!!!!! :D

Fantastic RAO, great post, way to carm the situation.......

I have no idea why Subaru decided to put this feature in, was never installed on the previous model, who do we have to thank for this ??? BMW, AUDI, Mercedes, Lexus ????? come on, stand up LOL

Adam.

As soon as possible after that insert and release the seatbelt (on the DRIVER's side only) 20 times - all of the way in and all of the way out. Then turn the key OFF. The chime is now off.

QUOTE]

another clarification

all of the way in and all the way out - does it mean after clicking it in and clicking it out i have to release the belt/buckle all the way to the b-pillar and yank it forward again

I'm assuming NOT -

No, you do not need to let it go all the way back to the b-pillar. You do have to be pretty quick I think (within 30 seconds).

Is the seatbelt chime coming on even when no one is in the seat (if you are referring to the passenger side)? Or do you just want to get rid of the chime so someone can sit there without buckling it?

Archived