LegacyGT.com

05 LGT wagon or 07 Mazdaspeed3 or ???

05 LGT wagon or 07 MS3 or ???  

16 members have voted

1. 1. 05 LGT wagon or 07 MS3 or ???

• 05 Legacy GT Limited wagon
    • 07 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring Wagon
    • Other (specify in post)

I just cant believe people here are selling out on subaru for a mazda...

I rode in an ms3 every weekend for a month or 2 after a friend got one.. believe me.. it re-assured me that I made the right decision to not go with mazda when I purchased the lgt.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I just cant believe people here are selling out on subaru for a mazda...

I rode in an ms3 every weekend for a month or 2 after a friend got one.. believe me.. it re-assured me that I made the right decision to not go with mazda when I purchased the lgt.

Exactly what i was thinking, and as i said my friend who purchased the MS3 was angry at himself for not getting a legacy. And mine is an unlimited 05. lol

...There's just no sense in arguing that the more efficient, more powerful, lighter car isn't also faster. I've driven both back-to-back and when the MS3 finally gains traction it's a little rocket ship.

And so is the SRT-4.:hide:

yup, slightly.. the bad thing about mazda is that its part of ford.. the good thing about the ms3 is that they are built in japan and boated over.. so we dont have ford reliability built right in. (no offense ford fans, but I consider ford a negative on a vehicles characteristics. :lol: )
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

well, I had a mercury mountaineer for 7 years.. but I only liked it for 5. Those last 2 years were so bad I swore off ford and wont go back.

You know the mazda B series pickup (if they still make it) is basically a rebadged ranger. I'm not really sure how deep their hands are in the 3 5 6 rx8 etc. as I think those are mostly JDM products that are built in a factory here like our LGTs are.

another thing that concerns me about the ms3 over an LGT, and correct me if i'm wrong cos this is my 1st non naturally aspirated vehicle. I was reading specs on the ms3 and noticed it had a 9.5 compression ratio. My friend tried to claim it was running 13-16 psi boost as well.. now.. the lgt runs about that in psi right? and we have something along the lines of 8.1 compression iirc.. doesn't a 9.5 seem kind of like.. running it wide open all the time? I mean it seems like that engine would have a high stress and therefore shorter life.. I really question whether or not the ms3 motor is actually built to be turbo and is not just a mazda3 motor with benefits?

Longevity is important to me.. especially sicne I drive the hell out of my car sometimes I want it to not give out on me down the road. I would imagine you're looking for that sort of thing as well.

I was reading specs on the ms3 and noticed it had a 9.5 compression ratio. My friend tried to claim it was running 13-16 psi boost as well..

Direct Injection is why it can do that and be reliable. DI allows for greater static CR and lower AFRs w/o detonation. And yes, the 2.3L MZR DI motor was built to be a turbo.

Kyle "BlackHole"

I find the Mazda3 line to be very uncomfortable opposed to the legacy. I have never been able to find a comfortable driving position. Also the hard plastic on the doors makes my knee sore after resting my knee on the door (my usual driving position) for a short amount of time.

MS3 might be a little faster, but you really sacrifice comfort, IMO.

Go Cardinals!

Well there is only one way to tell, time. 9.5 is pretty high for a car that is suppsoed to be used as a DD. But it can still last along time. I know some 2 year old setups running 15-17psi with 10-1 comp ratio with much much bigger turbos. But i mean those arent DDs they are driven often but not all year.

Direct Injection is why it can do that and be reliable. DI allows for greater static CR and lower AFRs w/o detonation. And yes, the 2.3L MZR DI motor was built to be a turbo.

True, totally forgot they have direct injection, Direct injection is the way all turbo cars should be made.

Archived