LegacyGT.com

Any DP have a significant performance advantage over the others?

Mindspin311

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have x02's on my car right now but i have perrin mid and y's sitting here. I can sell the x02's once i find someone with a lift so i can take it off.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I Have a hydraulic floor jack and jack stands. I've taken my exhaust on and off that way several times. If you wanna come down we can have a mini meet, install party.

that sounds good to me! I live in an apt so i can't do squat anywhere. School just started so the albany campus where i do most of my auto work(parking lot auto garage ftw!!) is off limits now.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

If you ever intend to use an AVO turbo you cannot use a divorced WG DP, you'll need a bell mouthed DP. The AVO turbos have a divorced wastegate built in which means NO DWG, NO stock or stock-like flate plate DPs, or DPs with a separator.

Obviously, AVO considers divorcing the WG from the turbine a good thing, but not extending that divorce to the DP.

The best solution is an EWG of course.

I drove for 6k mi with a TurboXS DP and HFC, no problems, no codes. Keep in mind though TXS's setup puts the O2 sensor after the cat, LGT specific setups put it before, resulting in a CEL. Unless something is gonna ADD air or fuel, 9/10 a tune adjustment isn't required for it to run safe.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Any heat issues with AM Catted DPs like the Invidia, AVO and others which have the cat physically located up close to the turbo side? Particularly concerned about heat rise in the TMIC and on the driveline CV boots which are in close proximity to these cats.

Also, any issues with boost spike between the various catted models?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I haven't had any heat issues with my catted AVO DP. Stock placement of the cat is near the turbo as well. However, with all DPs your removing alot of heat shielding. If there is a problem, it would be from the loss of heat shielding, rather then the placement of the cat.

There are many products in the aftermarket, that you can use to manage heat build up in that area.

Archived