LegacyGT.com

My Day at HB Speed

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Albert, I moved offices. I'm right behind The Market Place in Irvine now. PM or call me so you can check it out some time.

The car really doesn't sound much different. Except the idle has a bit of the burble to it. And it now takes off like a rocket...

Haven't seen you around, thought you may have fallen off the face of the earth or something. Nice to know you are still alive tho.

If I had something important to say, I wouldn't tell you anyway.

Albert, I moved offices. I'm right behind The Market Place in Irvine now. PM or call me so you can check it out some time.

The car really doesn't sound much different. Except the idle has a bit of the burble to it. And it now takes off like a rocket...

Haven't seen you around, thought you may have fallen off the face of the earth or something. Nice to know you are still alive tho.

I just picked up my car after 6 weeks in the shop. I stayed low profile during the past month as I was bouncing in and out of loaner cars. Plus, summer is fishing season! :) Lots of ahi and toro vaccuum packed this season.

I'll hit you up next week for a demo and a beer. Congrats on the move, hopefully it's because you needed more space.

Nope, we needed less space. We got purchased and rent was too much at the last building for the 5 of us.

First building off of El Camino on the right just over the toll road.

Umm, if you happen to have too much fish, I would be willing to lighten your load of fish there... :lol:

Well, I'm glad you got your car back. Talk to you soon Albert.

Fishing has it's perks. It's still cheaper to go to a sushi bar, but no where near as fun. Here's one of our sashimi platters.

Going from left to right, Albacore, Yellowfin, Bluefin and finally Bluefin Belly (toro). :) I got White Seabass from Catalina a couple of weeks ago. My freezer is like a fish market.

Andy, let me know what you want and I'll trade fish for a ride.

http://fishingfiend.smugmug.com/photos/366383628_YyA39-L.jpg

Um, no. Unless Jon did one with out my knowledge, I don't think there is a base run. If there would have been more time and the dyno wasn't booked solid, I'm sure there could have been time to do one. But, who the hell wants to run a stock car on the dyno??! I'm sure someone will post stock numbers, I can't remember what Jon said was stock for torque, but I remember him saying stock HP at the wheels is around 211 or so.

Any one at HB Speed know what the stock torque number is on a Leggy???

I know nobody wants to spend time and money on a stock dyno run, but that is the only way to tell how much power increase you got. We've all seen how differently dynos read, so it would be great to compare the improvements people get, not just the peak.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80903&highlight=dyno+chart

A lot of scientific instruments may be off in absolute value, but fairly accurately measure change. Think about your bathroom scale. It's no good at accurately measuring a two pound item, but it's not bad at telling me I put on two pounds.

Ideally one would get a stock baseline dyno run, and then run with whatever upgrade, then later go back to the same dyno and repeat the run with the existing mods before making more changes. Otherwise, the difference between dynos is bigger than the increase we are trying to achieve. Someday I'll do it.

Sorry if that didn't quite come out right, having another bad day at work. I really would have loved to get a chance to do a stock run then compare it with the mods. It just didn't happen with the shop being so busy. It would have been nice, but oh well such is life. Maybe we can get lucky and find someone that is going to try this and publish the stock numbers, some day.

Archived