LegacyGT.com

Electronic boost gauge @ altitude

johnAWD

I made the mistake of purchasing a ProSport 52mm electronic boost gauge. After the opening sequence, the gauge sits at 7 in hg vs the zero where an electronic should stop. I've swapped out parts with prosport and the end result is the same. Their MAP sensors/senders are calibrated for sea level.

So - I'm looking for an alternative electronic gauge. I don't have the $$ to pick up a Defi setup, and am wondering what my fellow Colorado LGT'ers are using.

I guess I could always go back to a mechanical as well. If you would, let me know what you are using and how closely it matches the OEM gauge lighting.

Cheers.

John, I was thinking about this after you showed me your issue and I was wondering if there is a "tare" calibration screw on there.

When the gauge moves does it move as if 7 inHg was zero? Or does it immediately go to the correct boost pressure? Have you contacted ProSport? It seems to me that they wouldn't calibrate it for a specific elevation b/c anyone can buy it anywhere. There has to be a calibration adjustment on there.

Edit: John, just read on iwsti that others had the same issues. Don't know how the board is about crossposting but here's a link:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-install/119116-prosport-boost-oil-temp-oil-pressure-gauges.html

Seems they just send em' back and get a new one that works. I'd give em' a call.

Prosport swapped some parts for me and all parts read the same. At 17psi the prosport read 12-13psi. At 10psi it reads around 8 psi.

Some of my awdpirates.net pals have tried prosport boost gauges with the same results, so I guess they just don't calibrate for altitude.

I ordered a Defi racer gauge in blue from here: http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=GP-DEFI-BR

Ya i'm cobb stage 2 right now, with a turbo back exhaust, uppipe, and fmic, spec stage 2+ clutch, and a few other things. From what I have read I shoud be hitting 17psi or so, also when the car is off it reads like -7 hg and my ap says like 120 whatever it reads, but it converts to like 17psi.

Archived