LegacyGT.com

What next: Ported headers or mid+Y pipe?

lepich

Trying to decide what to do next: do a grimmspeed ported stock headers +X pipe, or put mid and Y pipe.

Currently on TDC stage 2:

Flex Up, Lachute catted DP, drop-in filter.

Please advise, both upgrades about $200, so.. not sure which way to go. I do not want to be loud, so I'll keep stock cans anyway. Just need more power/better spool, etc.

TMIC is not an option now, can't spend $500-$600 on it.

thanks!

There are no bad people, just differeent.

^^ TMIC? Will tmic give me 3 times more power then Mid + Y pipe? I doubt. But it cost 3 times more (XO2 racing + coating is around $200, if not less)

actually it will. on the stock turbo and stage 2, a mid/y wont get you much power at all. A tmic will make a very noticable difference, much more IMO than a mid/y. In theory, if the mid.y gives you 5 peak hp, and the the tmic could give you up to 15 peak hp, especailly on hot days, then it would be 3 times more hp. if you find a used one, it becomes a very good bang for your buck.

We have an agreement with her - whatever I buy for the car (not maintenance/repair, but upgrades) she will buy something for her (read: jewelry) for the same amount.. which doubles cost fora all upgrades! So, $600 will be $1200 for our budget..

Thank you, Jarrod.

The problem that we do not have "my or her money".. all goes into one bucket.. And, if we do not have there $1200 for our passion - we both need to back up, buy something which will fit in the budget.. And having 10 month old twin babies (girls) on both hands does not really help:-)

Infamous1 - looks like I would have to go this way... TMIC and headers will be on a future list.

Guest LGT-NY
WOW, they are gorgeous. Good luck with them. I don't envy you when the time comes that they turn sixteen and you have TWO boys knocking at your door. :lol: You have to do twice the intimidating.

I do not know stock int sizes.. And mid+Y is XO2, you can get them new or slightly used for 150+SH form a members here. Need to coat them, as you know..

We have an agreement with her - whatever I buy for the car (not maintenance/repair, but upgrades) she will buy something for her (read: jewelry) for the same amount.. which doubles cost fora all upgrades! So, $600 will be $1200 for our budget..

This rocks. We do something very similar. :)

Archived